Pre-Purchase inspection

Raymond

19 hours ago, Raymond said:

Hi everyone, 

I am considering buying a mooney in Knoxville Tennessee area. Would anybody suggest a shop I can contact for the job.

Thanks

Raymond

Contact David Bliss at Springfield, TN (M91) (local area code ** 306 ** 2045)  or Cole are the two that I would recommend. David did my prebuy and the first annual on my 20F.  Both would be about an hour flight from Knoxville.

I had mine flown from Utah to Don Maxwell. Paid 1250 for the base pre buy inspection as it had just come out of annual. Seller paid for most of all the squawks. We split the cost of flying it down there. 

That's highly unusual that a seller would help subsidize PPI cost. Heck, many brokers squawk very loudly at even taking the plane off field for a PPI in fear of the possible cost they may incur to get it back if something goes wrong away from their home base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, kortopates said:

That's highly unusual that a seller would help subsidize PPI cost. Heck, many brokers squawk very loudly at even taking the plane off field for a PPI in fear of the possible cost they may incur to get it back if something goes wrong away from their home base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that uncommon in private sales especially when someone needs to rid of the plane. Also worth noting I bought the plane from a gentleman who has a PC-12 and didn't need the Mooney anymore. I paid for base inspection, I split the cost to ferry the plane there, he paid up to 5k of repairs and I paid the rest. Worked out great and we agreed to all this prior to moving the plane. On the other hand i agree that a broker won't do this typically which is why I went the route I did. Originally looked at a 231 at Dan Howard which didn't work out due to the above terms so I ended up with a nicer plane, fresh inspection at a MSC, and paid less. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2016 at 8:21 PM, Raymond said:

Hi everyone, 

I am considering buying a mooney in Knoxville Tennessee area. Would anybody suggest a shop I can contact for the job.

Thanks

Raymond

Our shop @ KMRN, (Western NC) is a newly designated MSC though Lynn Mace has been working on Mooneys for 25 years. Would be close to the same distance as Cole. 

http://www.aglaviation.com/services