iPad mini 2

mikesideup

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Time to buy that MFD Bob! Doesn't your GDL-88 FIS-B and TIS-B show up on the PFD? According to both Garmin and Aspen, it should.

Really? Does it need an unlock? But the lower half of the PFD is so small I am still skeptical it would be useful.

1 hour ago, Marauder said: Time to buy that MFD Bob! Doesn't your GDL-88 FIS-B and TIS-B show up on the PFD? According to both Garmin and Aspen, it should.

Really? Does it need an unlock? But the lower half of the PFD is so small I am still skeptical it would be useful.

I think it needs an unlock code. Same for the MFD with any Garmin product that is not navigation in nature. If I were to display it in the PFD, I would run the HSI in arc mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, flyer7324 said:

Unlock software from Aspen for GDL88 is available for 795.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Since I have a GTN750 and will also have info on Android tablet as soon as FS 510 is installed I doubt I'd spring for Aspen display. 

Unlock software from Aspen for GDL88 is available for 795.00Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if that is per device (PFD or MFD) or for the system?

Unsure on that. Aspen announced the software at sun n fun this year. Prob can find it on their website.

21 minutes ago, flyer7324 said:

Unsure on that. Aspen announced the software at sun n fun this year. Prob can find it on their website.

I believe it is for both but there is also a hardware cost associated for the cable linking the GDL-88 to the Aspen in addition to the software unlock charge.  I was quoted $300 for that.

21 minutes ago, flyer7324 said: Unsure on that. Aspen announced the software at sun n fun this year. Prob can find it on their website.

I believe it is for both but there is also a hardware cost associated for the cable linking the GDL-88 to the Aspen in addition to the software unlock charge.  I was quoted $300 for that.

Did the quote u received include software and added hardware?

11 minutes ago, flyer7324 said: Unlock software from Aspen for GDL88 is available for 795.00

Thanks. Since I have a GTN750 and will also have info on Android tablet as soon as FS 510 is installed I doubt I'd spring for Aspen display. 

Wouldn't it make sense to just display FIS-B and TIS-B on the dedicated 650/750 page and forego the views on the Aspen?

11 minutes ago, flyer7324 said: Unlock software from Aspen for GDL88 is available for 795.00 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it make sense to just display FIS-B and TIS-B on the dedicated 650/750 page and forego the views on the Aspen?

It may be challenging to see it on just the Aspen PFD, but for those of us with the MFDs, it would be preferred to looking at the GTN (the Aspen is in my direct line of sight).