Attempting to attach the images sent to me by Bruce.

Thanks for sharing. Can't say I'm all that fond of them. I Like the idea of few fasteners and easy in and out, but they really don't look all that great IMO. Way too much form follows function. Not enough style. I am sickened by the fact that this simple mod requires an STC. Why don't they just outlaw any modifications at all and be done with it?!! Between litigation and regulation, GA is doomed. :angry:

• Like 1

Here are a few before and after and side by side interior pictures showing what a can of Fusion (Krylon I believe) spray and some elbow grease can do.  The overhead panel came out very nicely, unfortunately despite suggestions from this forum I was not able to remove the ventilation grills which also show well the before and after colors. 

post-7924-0-88308600-1366809993_thumb.jp

post-7924-0-36682100-1366810040_thumb.jp

post-7924-0-29207800-1366810125_thumb.jp

post-7924-0-26070400-1366810200_thumb.jp

post-7924-0-76619000-1366810403_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Here are a few before and after and side by side interior pictures showing what a can of Fusion (Krylon I believe) spray and some elbow grease can do.  The overhead panel came out very nicely, unfortunately despite suggestions from this forum I was not able to remove the ventilation grills which also show well the before and after colors. 

How did you do the baggage door, that looks pretty good.

Also, why couldn't you just mask off the vent grills and Krylon them?

I'd like to know what happened to the armrests for the pilot and copilot. Other than that it looks stock.

I believe they are the same as what the passengers get, they just aren't shown in those pics.

Thanks for sharing. Can't say I'm all that fond of them. I Like the idea of few fasteners and easy in and out, but they really don't look all that great IMO. Way too much form follows function. Not enough style. I am sickened by the fact that this simple mod requires an STC. Why don't they just outlaw any modifications at all and be done with it?!! Between litigation and regulation, GA is doomed. :angry:

Do you like the modern factory fiberglass panels that are in the latest longbodies?

HRM,

First of all something is going on in this site (at least for me), when writing my font has changed and the Font pull down menu does not respond for me to change it. Also none of the other buttons work and the whole menu bar looks foggy just like when a particular button is not active. If somebody knows what is going on please let me know. Maybe something will change when I hit Post.

Regarding your questions, nothing special about painting the door, I just removed the cover and sprayed it with Krylon Fusion. Regarding the grills that I could not remove, you would have to mask the whole interior, not just around the paint area because the spray mist travels everywhere. I could try to paint them with a brush, maybe when I have nothing else to do.

I like the look of the new interior parts, we removed my interior when we went all thru the plane for an extensive annual. When it came time to put it all back in I elected not to put the armrest back in as I am tall enough to use the window sill as an armrest. It added a few inches on each side for comfort.

I flew it this week on the longest x-country I have ever done since the annual and realized I need more padding in the old seat.  The 51 yr old seat frames in my Mooney seem to become uncomfortable after a while to my 51 yr old 5'10" 225 lb body! 

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding your questions, nothing special about painting the door, I just removed the cover and sprayed it with Krylon Fusion. 

My baggage door panel is covered with fabric. Looks like hell. Did yours have fabric before you painted it?