short field landing and soft field takeoff Pulaski

I managed to stick a short field landing at Pulaski Tennessee today in 16 feet. How, you may ask is this possible?

With the temperatures in the 105 degree F. range it's easy! The tires are are so soft and the the runway is like hot lava , it's like an mouse in a sticky trap!

I wish you could have been there for the takeoff , I managed to get 30 MPH in 5310 feet of soft, sticky tar.  When I reached the end of the runway, I and the old Mooney fell off into the rock quarry on the 16 end.

I immediately realized that I would get to flying speed before reaching the bottom of the pit and gently nursed the Mooney back into its 1000 FPM climb before reaching the bottom. In spite of all my instincts to pull up , I let her eat negative altitude until airspeed came up. Whew ! It's hot here in the South, but it does wonders for short field landings and takeoffs.