Fluctuating Oil Pressure

My JPI oil pressure indicator has been jumping around the last couple months. The analog gauge (also in the video) is where it usually sits when the engine is warm, it is approx 10psi higher when cold. I don't remember what phase of flight I was in but my oil temp is normally 10 degrees higher than what you see in the video and holds steady (unless in a long climb).

I head in to annual in a couple weeks, interested your opinions. I have 1600 hours on the engine in case that's relevant.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vHWxTJziByg1M8s58

Tim

I had similar issues with both the MP and Oil pressure in a G1000 system... If there is a connector (especially in the engine compartment) just disconnect it, spray the contacts with cleaner and insert and remove a couple of times to wipe the contacts clean. 

Wildly jumping values like that are connection or failing sensor issues. 

• 1 month later...

I've had a couple of things cause my JPI to behave oddly. Check the routing of the sensor wire to make sure it's as far away from plug wires and magnets as possible. My fuel flow wire was too close to a magneto and would give very erratic readings. Also, check your wires for any Knicks or damage. I had a small spot wear through the fabric that covers the splice on my oil temp sensor and it was behaving very erratically as well. And, as already mentioned, check/clean your connections. The sensors and wires are very susceptible to connection issues and electrical interference.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk