Touch up painting

Alfredo

How about a whole paint job... searched ‘paint florida’...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Paint Florida&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

If they can do the whole thing, a touch up is just a smaller version...

You will see the name Hawk show up a few times... :)

PP thoughts only, not a paint expert...

Best regards,

-a-

Good paint work costs a fortune...

And the opposite is true... because you paid a fortune doesn’t mean you get a good paint job...

Find the thread that covers paint correction and ceramic coatings...

See how much it costs to get to the next level, and how many hours are involved...

Of course... We have few clues for what the OP is looking for...

Paint touch-up could be a few spots on the leading edge, or significant areas of sun bleached paint, or color matching after fixing some surface corrosion... or maybe it is correction of some oddities left over from a factory new pain scheme...

Best regards,

-a-

I've done some touch up painting myself with a help of a friend and it was pretty easy.  The first time I bought aircraft paint that was matched to my color, hardener, used a spray gun, wet sanding ect… and it came out pretty good.  You could barely tell that it wasn't the original paint.

The second time I brought my avionics panel to finish masters and within 10 minutes they mixed the color using a high quality auto paint and put it in a two stage spray can.  Having done both ways, I'd go with the second.  The difference in quality of the job is definitely noticeable (if you are a foot away) but if you are touching up to protect your metal and not win an antique plane beauty contest go with method #2.

David

• 9 months later...