WANTED: Garmin 430 NON-WAAS

I wouldn't sell the KX-155...they are nice radios and still supported whereas the Terra stuff is not.  You would need a 12V GPS box, but the modern Garmin stuff will run on 12-30V.  

Another poster on here from the Houston area flew up to McKinney (TKI) for extensive avionics work and he seemed happy.  Can't remember who it was, but it was an Eagle or Ovation.  Calling the shop is free, and they might offer some cost effective solutions or even have a used unit on the shelf.  They can also get a refurb unit directly from Garmin at a good price, if there are any available.

You also might consider finishing the rating with what you have...perhaps supplement with a 496/696/796 for weather capability and a good moving map.  

Quote: sreid

Dual NAV/COMs, DME, and ADF is hardly what I'd call "limited"! You should consider finishing your instrument rating before upgrading. In many cases, I think that's a better way of doing it, because during your training you will develop more personal preference for instrument/radio layout, and the capabilities you want in your panel.

• 4 weeks later...