Aircraft Wanted

jax88

Quote: N513ZM

what's the issue? If you want to go fast down low you buy an Ovation, if you want to go fast up high you buy a Bravo, Rocket or Acclaim. If you fly above the Mason Dixon line you buy a plane withTKS. If you are flying in ice you want a plane with FIKI TKS.

They're all good! Some just better than others for the flying you want to do. 

Mike

As per Monroy website the Eagle M20S is not included on the list for long range tanks. Check with them. I found that aside of increased range the LR tanks gives you more flexibility on getting a lower fuel price place to refuel. In some of my trips I do not refuel at destination but on my way back at cheaper place.

José

The Eagle with the 310 hp STC will hold 106 gals. by simply modifying the fuel restictors. That's more flight time than my bladder will handle. Of course I'm old really old.  

PS The reason the Eagle is not on the list is probably due to the fact that with the 244 HP standard engine fuel load is limited to 75 gals & the A/C is 168 lbs lower in gross wt than the Ovation ie 3200 vs 3368. That all goes away with the Screamin eagle mod.

Yes Macstealth -really really old but I think  -a-'s comment that I really have to go (no pun intended ) really really fast is what I'll start telling everyone when thay want to know why I need a Screamin' Eagle!! But Back to the topic at hand. Randy what do you think of the suggestions?   

I'm shopping for the best example I can find of any of the turbocharged models.  I have no problem with the fuel burn of the Bravo, no problem with the STC of the Rocket, no problem with the lower hp of the 252s.  I'm going to take my time, be patient, and let "my" aircraft come to me.  And, when my F gets out of annual at Dugosh, I'll fly her around looking at potential replacements, how much fun is that going to be!?