N57 Open House

Figures   :angry:    I'll be in Bah Hobba (Bar Harbor).  I would like to get together with some of the Mooney crowd soon!!

Bah Hobba was one of my favorite vacationing spots. Nothing like fresh lobster everyday. You landing at Bahnger (Bangor)? The only airport I have been to that you can land, take-off and land again without reaching the first exit. 

You're welcome Mike! It was great meeting the both of you and Joe as well. Your enthusiasm for aviation needs to be commended, my hat is off to you. Lets not be strangers! Hell we fly Mooneys, no excuse for not linking up! What did it take you and Alan to get back? 20 minutes to do those 100 miles? ;)

Alan doesn't believe in TAS. I didn't have enough info to do a calculation. Ground speed going there was like 120 and 152kts coming back. It's a fast plane, don't get me wrong. But he'd have to be pushing it to get relaxed J speeds. Maybe Alan can give us a better idea of the numbers.

I'm still shocked you get J+ speed out of your F! It takes some effort to break 150ktas in mine. What kind of RPM/MP/alt are you pushin to get 155ktas out of yours? That's about the top cruise speed in mine at 75% power at an ideal altitude. Realistically I'm seeing just over 150ktas in a more normal 65-70% LOP cruise around 9gph and 145ktas on 8.

Alan doesn't believe in TAS. I didn't have enough info to do a calculation. Ground speed going there was like 120 and 152kts coming back. It's a fast plane, don't get me wrong. But he'd have to be pushing it to get relaxed J speeds. Maybe Alan can give us a better idea of the numbers. I'm still shocked you get J+ speed out of your F! It takes some effort to break 150ktas in mine. What kind of RPM/MP/alt are you pushin to get 155ktas out of yours? That's about the top cruise speed in mine at 75% power at an ideal altitude. Realistically I'm seeing just over 150ktas in a more normal 65-70% LOP cruise around 9gph and 145ktas on 8.
Hi Mike, You saw my plane... :) I'm not sure what to make of it either, but it is real. Cruiser was asking me some questions about it as well. I typically will run ROP, 9.5 to 9.8 GPH (flight plan for 10), whatever MP I can get at altitude and 2500 rpms. I do know that it is within rig. I also think my powerplant may be atypical. When I flew last night, leaving my airport with a density altitude over 2k I was climbing at 1k per min at 110k. That is the only defense I have... Like I mentioned to Cruiser, I am in the J performance envelope, not sure why -- but I ain't complaining...