Need a propeller

I just bought a new prop for a 231 from tiffin aire in Ohio.  Way less than McCauley retail and less than any other place.  Plus they were fast.  Shipping was even reasonable.  I was getting prices for overhaul and prices were all over the place, but pretty high.  A new prop was within $1500 of the expected overhaul price.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2023 at 8:17 PM, jrwilson said:

I just bought a new prop for a 231 from tiffin aire in Ohio.  Way less than McCauley retail and less than any other place.  Plus they were fast.  Shipping was even reasonable.  I was getting prices for overhaul and prices were all over the place, but pretty high.  A new prop was within $1500 of the expected overhaul price.  

@Cody Stallings

To answer my own question about MT Prob:

According to MacFarlane, "The prop/spinner and STC sells for $15,950 plus freight from Germany."

Its a 3 blade with 71" diameter (so additional clearance?).

Some of the benefits mentioned:

"• Stainless Steel leading edge for ZERO erosion and protection of the blades

Equal or better performance in all catagories of fl ight

Unlimited Blade and Hub life

User Repairable Blades for minor damage"

"No RPM prohibited zone"

Tempting, but its 3K over the quote I got from Tiffin for their conventional two blade Hartzell C2R10703STP.