Wiring diagram for headset mic

I have a headset that belonged to my brother (who passed away recently), that I am trying to refurbish, just for sentimental reasons. 

I have the audio working, but the mic is inoperable. The mic has two leads, each of which goes into the ear-cup to each lead off of what I perceive to be a capacitor, although I am not absolutely certain. The resistance across it jumps around with very high numbers. 

I have another headset I opened up to see if I could learn anything. Its two microphone leads go straight to the cable to the microphone jack; one to the ground the other to what I guess is the power. No capacitor, or anything else.

I don't understand the high/low impedance stuff, nor dynamic mics, etc. I hate to buy another microphone just to check if it might be bad; plus I don't know which one I should buy anyway.

Any ideas on a plan of attack to figure it out.

9 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

I have a headset that belonged to my brother (who passed away recently), that I am trying to refurbish, just for sentimental reasons. 

I have the audio working, but the mic is inoperable. The mic has two leads, each of which goes into the ear-cup to each lead off of what I perceive to be a capacitor, although I am not absolutely certain. The resistance across it jumps around with very high numbers. 

I have another headset I opened up to see if I could learn anything. Its two microphone leads go straight to the cable to the microphone jack; one to the ground the other to what I guess is the power. No capacitor, or anything else.

I don't understand the high/low impedance stuff, nor dynamic mics, etc. I hate to buy another microphone just to check if it might be bad; plus I don't know which one I should buy anyway.

Any ideas on a plan of attack to figure it out.

Do you have a model number/brand? Some of them actually publish that stuff: https://www.davidclarkcompany.com/voice-powered/downloads.php?type=Parts-Lists

DC provides a parts list as well as a wiring schematic. Maybe the ones they posted can help you figure out what you have.

The headset is a SoftComm. The mic sensor only has a SoftComm sticker on it. I have not been able to find any specific material about it, but will continue to look for it and look at other brand's sites. Thanks.