Any Mooney's in or near the Bluegrass?

MooneyMike

I enjoyed seeing your references to Bowling Green, Bardstown, Lebanon, and Springfield. All very familiar places. I took my PP check ride at Bowling Green. Completed a rental checkout in Bardstown. I was born and raised in Lebanon. Took a flight review at 6I2, but have never flown my Mooney into 6I2. On my way there one night from Missouri, but made a precautionary landing in Owensboro. Next morning, continued on to KAAS instead of 6I2. N6094Q is hangared and “pickled” at KTBN while I serve in Japan for at least another year. Miss her almost as much as I miss children and grandchildren. Finished paying off the loan on her last month. I fly an Aero Club 180 HP C-172 out of Yokota Air Base to stay active and current, but it’s nothing like owning and flying your own Mooney. Thank you for the opportunity to briefly walk down memory lane.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

I soloed at Bardstown many years ago. Based my first Mooney at Bardstown and later Bowman. My dad was on the air board in Bardstown for many years. I still have family in Shelbyville and get down there a couple of times a year.

Keith

17 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Keith and Schmoo!

I look forward to visiting Bowling Green one day…

An icon of American Manufacturing LIVES there… :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks! I went to college in Bowling Green. The museum there is well worth the trip.

• Thanks 1

Hey y'all, sorry for the delayed response, I was at Barber Motorsports Park all weekend.  Nice to hear from everyone!  Hangars are at a premium everywhere it seems and I was happy to get one this close to home.  

E-town, Bardstown and Lebanon - Springfield host fly in breakfasts each month so put one of them on your 'gotta do' list, it would be nice to meet!

Mike