fluctating fuel pressure

Hi Everyone,

since last weekend I have a problem on my 1965 E fuel injected IO360. The fuel pressure needle increasingly started to "dance" over the whole green arc over the last couple of flights. With boost pump on the same result at a slightly higher fuel pressure. Now additionally my No 4 cylinder stops firing about 5 seconds after starting the engine, then comes back about 20-30 seconds later. This happens equally with a warm and cold enginge. Mags have been o'hauled 10 hours ago and seem to be fine. I wonder if that could be a fuel pressure problem. Does anyone have any experience with such a phenomenon?

Thanks,

Frank 

post-5957-13468139471236_thumb.jpg

Check that the fuel injection servo gasket for the side plug has been replaced as per Airmotive Mandatory Service Bulletin. A faulty gasket will cause the fuel pressure variations and eventually lead to engine failure.

I have experienced the same problem you describe for a cylinder not firing after start. After cleaning the injection lines, cleaning the plugs no success. Finally I decided to switch back from Exxon Elite to AeroShell 10W-50. Problem solved. It appears that the Exxon oil was not reaching the valves lifters quickly enough causing a temporary stuck valve condition.

José