New plastic roof liner

AndyCapp

Welcome aboard Andy,

There are a few discussions related to your questions.

You may be able to find them by using the search function at the top of the screen.

Taking the ceiling down is not that common on the want to do list.

There are a few parts up there that are really old.

Good luck,

-a-

Hi Andy

Maybe try KSMooniac (Scott) first. He has a M20J that he is salvaging and possibly has the parts available. Secondly if you use Plane Plastics make sure they have the right parts. Twice I've ordered from them and had to send parts back because they were either the wrong part and didn't fit right or they sent me the wrong model year. The last time they shipped it overnight when I asked for ground and it cost considerably more. 

Steve

That's a huge problem for us here in SA. If you order something from the US and receive the wrong part, you're pretty much stuffed, because in many cases, the return shipping costs will far exceed that of the item itself.

I once received a KX155 nav/com that didn't transmit. The seller was more than willing to honour his warranty and fix the radio, but sending the radio back and forth to the US was just not viable.

Andy, you should maybe try a reputable interior shop. Some these guys can do magic on old interior panels and you won't know the difference afterwards.

I don't have any of these parts to sell currently, unfortunately.  I too have a '77 and the previous owner replaced all of the plastic with Vantage Plane Plastics parts.  They fit OK, and required a LOT of trimming and fitting.  I'm planning to replace all of the upper stuff with pieces from my '81 salvage J that has the better ventilation system.  If your stuff is in poor shape, and if you're handy, I'd recommend trying to do the same thing because you'll end up with much better ventilation, less drag, and less noise on the roof.  A poster here (Eldon) might still have some of these components for sale.  I was going to buy them before I got my salvage plane 2 years ago.  Otherwise, try LASAR or some salvage yards here.  Good luck!