need G5 magnetometer bracket for M20E

Anyone who has installed a G5 magnetometer in a short body willing to fabricate one for me? I am getting ready to install dual g5s under IA supervision and would prefer to use someone's successful installation bracket rather than fabricate from scratch. TIA

Edited by JoeM

• JoeM changed the title to need G5 magnetometer bracket for M20E

I just bent a small piece of scrap aluminum that my IA had in the shop on the brake and drilled some holes in it. I had to play with the angle a little to get it level. I don't think it took me more than an hour to work it all out, there's really not much to it.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

When my magnetometer was installed in the tail, we could not get  a single accurate calibration. Eventually it had to be moved to under the wing, where it now gives me precise readings.

Here's a picture from its original location.

Magnetometer.jpg

I have made up a few of these for wing mounting GMU11's.  

I did a fuselage mount similar to the one above, but with a support.  I don't like what I see there, it's like mounting the GMU11 on a tuning fork.  Also, I don't like drilling new holes in stringers.  It  worked for the calibration, but from time to time I'd get an error because of loss of signal.

Wing mount works good, but plan on running light and strobe grounds to well inboard of the magnetometer.

Aerodon

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg

• Like 3

My plane had an ancient magnetometer in a bracket that spanned side to side. It was already level so I just cut a piece of aluminum to mount the G5 magnetometer to and mounted it to the bracket.20190326_115241.jpg.eca334503f772a3324f7f7ccccd02977.jpg

20200901_190931.jpg.474a4273550b347d62713387d923fa83.jpg

• Like 1

honestly, you wouldn't believe how sensitive those things are,  mine in the tail can detect a person walking by the plane within about 3 feet.  

while all testing was well within range,  it was very noticeable when i tested standing near the tail and when i was out by the wing