Acclaim Type S fuel capacity

I am purchasing a 2008 Type S Acclaim.  What is the deal with the usable fuel?  I do not have the actual POH yet, but the owner says 100 usable, one POH says 95 usable, talks in the forum range to 106.  Hopefully someone has the simple answer.

@LANCECASPER I think there is one more variant.

My POH is not with me, but I believe there is a 50g-usable-each variant? My POH has a thin supplement specifically for the tank variant, and it isn't much different than the lowest version...

[mention=8122]LANCECASPER[/mention] I think there is one more variant.
My POH is not with me, but I believe there is a 50g-usable-each variant? My POH has a thin supplement specifically for the tank variant, and it isn't much different than the lowest version...

All Bravos, Ovations and Acclaims had 89 usable (44.5 per side) in the POH.

Somewhere in the early 2000's on Ovations and Bravos, Mooney charged a fee ($1,000 or $2,000 if I remember correctly) to put the filler neck in with the holes, which allowed 100 usable (50 per side). They called it the "Extended Fuel Option" and probably has a POH supplement.

It's my understanding that all  Acclaim Type S airplanes were delivered with the filler necks that allowed 50 per side and upon delivery they put the "optional" placard next to the fuel caps.
da7b49a0f8d1c8a0080ace98dd28fad5.jpeg
None of the articles in the magazines ever mentioned anything but 100 or 130 gallons for the Type S.

270c0d1e9d3e16789704092ba5a253ff.jpg

Again, the other option was to have a Mooney Service Center (or the Factory Service Center) install the Monroy 130 gallon STC and new placards.

35d9a197a36647e698358c20a29bc3b4.jpeg

795b1e767cfa87a0b5a064a58298fe71.jpeg

3 hours ago, exM20K said:

If the filler neck has two holes drilled in it, that gives 100 gallons usable.

Stupid question from a vintage Mooney owner: why do the newer Mooneys have such deep "filler necks" in the first place, given all the grief they cause with actually filling the tank to capacity?  I'm not near my airplane at the moment, but my recollection is that the structure that holds the fuel cap on my M20F is only trivially thicker than the wing skin itself.  You don't read threads here on Mooneyspace about C/E/F/J owners trying to "burp" their tanks to get more fuel in, as so often comes up with the K/M/R/S/TN.

4 hours ago, exM20K said:

IMG_4769.jpeg.6f009ad37e90911e6705ac86ea9bd1a4.jpegGrabbed this screenshot for another post…

If the filler neck has two holes drilled in it, that gives 100 gallons usable.

IMG_1112.jpeg

Interesting it allows 3% isopropanol.  My 252 only allows 1%.

1 hour ago, Pinecone said:

Interesting it allows 3% isopropanol.  My 252 only allows 1%.

It would be interesting to find a Seneca V POH and see what they permit.

-dan

10 hours ago, Will.iam said:

That’s weird my 252 allows 3%

First, there have been several versions of POH for the M20K, and then there may have been changes between revisions (A, B, C, etc):
1224-F
1226-E
1228-D
1230-B
1234-C
1236-B
3303-A

I have a digital copy of 3303 on my computer.  That one says 1%.

3303-A is the Encore or Encore converted 252 version.  The only difference between 3303 and 3303-A is the title page and revisions page. :)

I have to check to see which one is in the plane.