SOLD 98 Ovation for sale - low time and new full Garmin panel

Comobowz

With very mixed emotions I'm looking to sell my Ovation...unfortunately this is just a recreational aircraft for me and I haven't been able to use it the way I had hoped.  It's currently wrapping up an extensive annual and just completed at the end of January a full panel upgrade, all new Garmin avionics (Txi), GFC500 and CIES senders.  It's an amazing aircraft.  Asking $282,900.  Text Eric at 573.999.7671 or email at eric.bowzer@gmail.com. 

Model:    1998 Mooney M20R Ovation - serial 29-0164
Description:    Ovation with fresh full Garmin Txi Avionics Upgrade and currently in annual, hangered at KJEF
Total Time:    1302 TT
Airframe Notes:    New Shock Discs 2/9/21, 2021 Annual at LASAR, no known damage history, complete well organized logs, not currently scanned and are with the shop due to annual, but I will eventually be able to scan.
Engine:    IO-550-G, Engine 1302 hrs (will continue to fly after annual), TBO 2000
Propeller:    McCauley 3 Blade – overhauled 1222.5 hours, 8/2020
Annual:    Currently in annual
Useful Load:    1087 – weighed after avionics upgrade (1/2022)
Avionics:    

• Garmin G500 Txi w/EIS (1/2022)
  • Garmin GI 275 backup (1/2022)
  • Garmin GTN 750xi GPS/Nav 1/Com 1 (1/2022)
  • Garmin GNX 375 ADS-B/Nav (2/2021)
  • Garmin Flight Stream 510 (4/2021)
  • Garmin GNC 255A Nav 2/Com 2(1/2022)
  • Garmin GMA 350C Audio Panel w/ Bluetooth (1/2022)
  • Garmin GNX 375 ADS-B/Nav (2/2021)
  • Garmin GFC 500 with YD (1/2022)
  • Guardian Avionics Aero 553 CO Monitor and Clock (1/2022)
  • CIES Fuel Senders (1/2022) 

Oxygen:    Built-in O2, Hydrostatic Test due 8/26/25, bottle replace due 11/25/29
Exterior:    Original Paint - 7
Interior:    Original Gray Leather – 7

Photos: Sorry for the lack of photos and I can take more after she's done with annual, but some available here (including panel upgrade) at:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0bGI9HKKG2EKby

• Like 2

• Comobowz changed the title to 98 Ovation for sale - low time and new full Garmin panel
10 minutes ago, DXB said:

Stunning - this should sell fast!  Unusual to see someone let a plane like this go right after such a stellar avionics upgrade.

Dev,

Don’t look too close at the details…. Organize the PPI…. Get the ball rolling!  :)

There are a few people around here looking for a nice M20C at the same time….

Just trying to help a (Few) friend(s) out…

Go O!

:)

Best regards,

-a-

15 minutes ago, DXB said:

Stunning - this should sell fast!  Unusual to see someone let a plane like this go right after such a stellar avionics upgrade.

Thanks!  the panel upgrade happened earlier than i had planned, but it was always in the cards.  I had hoped to wait a year or 2 on the panel, but I had just enough squawks on the old panel that it expedited the "investment".   

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Dev,

Don’t look too close at the details…. Organize the PPI…. Get the ball rolling!  :)

There are a few people around here looking for a nice M20C at the same time….

Just trying to help a (Few) friend(s) out…

Go O!

:)

Best regards,

-a-

Ha!  Yes I VERY briefly mused about mimicking your C -> big O transition ;) when I saw this come up, but this particular cb's personal tolerance for operating expenses, overhaul costs, time and effort learning and mechanically sorting a new plane, etc. was quickly exceeded in my mind. Plus I have way too much "invested" in my own panel already :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DXB said:

Ha!  Yes I VERY briefly mused about mimicking your C -> big O transition ;) when I saw this come up, but this particular cb's personal tolerance for operating expenses, overhaul costs, time and effort learning and mechanically sorting a new plane, etc. was quickly exceeded in my mind. Plus I have way too much "invested" in my own panel already :lol:

The C sets you up perfectly for the M20R…

Then logic comes in…

There are safety related upgrades available for the M20R that the M20C can’t have yet…

Holy cow… nice M20Cs are getting full price… and selling in short periods of time…

Sorting out a Long Body with low hours is amazingly simple compared to a short body with many thousands of extra hours…

Buying your second Mooney… is really fun… compared to the first Mooney experience, learning every step the first time…

Plus… you have access to MS and NJMPs…

The M20R is like an M20C + more Mooney!   :)

If there is ever going to be a comfortable transition… from one to the other… nothing beats the present day…

Operating costs… the extra pair of cylinders really helps convert the 100LL to altitude and speed…

But, the climb rate and speed equates to fewer hours in the air…

The real value comes for the extra back seaters… when you have full sized kids that have to follow you around…

They love the LBs! :)

Use caution…  when you go for the test fitting… you can’t bring anyone with you…

In the event the fitting doesn’t work out so well… the sadness on their faces will be really hard to recover from… similar to testing out a new puppy… :)

Once that first flight is out of the way… then bring the family to see the new Big O!

My avatar pic is the first day the family saw the big Mooney… those two small kids are full grown adults now…

Time flys at Mooney Speeds…

Go M20R!

Best regards,

-a-

Nice Ovation, and one with a good Useful load. I own 29-0168 and it has exactly the same UL of 1087. The buyer of your plane will really appreciate the ability to carry four people with a decent amount of fuel onboard. Now if I only had your panel...

Good luck, it should sell fast.

• 4 months later...
  • Comobowz changed the title to SOLD 98 Ovation for sale - low time and new full Garmin panel