Florida wing repair

Really! I guess that’s why they cheapest insurance?

Have you tried repeatedly calling them, I’d ask for a supervisor, that’s ridiculous.

Yeah I don’t plan on renewing with them either. All three planes involved were insured by OR. So just my view there is or has been little accountability. In Oregon the laws favor insurance companies as well. They have the ability to continue to ask for new or more quotes indefinitely according to my legal counsel.

OR wants me to pay for the repairs out of pocket or put it on my policy even though my plane was chilling in its hangar. I think that way they could limit their payout because my policy is very defined on what and how they will pay for it. Where the pilot that damaged my plane has pretty much an open ended million dollar liability.

I’m far from asking for the moon but as the time stretches out that million dollar cap is looking better and better. “Joking not joking”….

Definitely not a fan of Old Republic internal team. But hopefully there is an end in sight soon, we’ll soonish…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 2

Sorry to here of your troubles,  I can’t believe that they haven’t dealt with your repairs after so long.  

I’m not sure how this one will be handled.  The plane is Canadian, so Canadian insurance, but who the adjuster will be is a guess.  This one was hit by another airplane while holding short for take off.  A friend of mine in Naples is going to look it over to see how bad it is.
Clarence

Yeah from my experience I hope I’m not the norm for any pilot. Even cirrus owners:) I will agree I have been more stubborn than I could have been. They would have started repairs a long time ago if I had put it on my policy. But that opens up a big can of worms down the road.

Hope your friend is flying again soon!!!

On 2/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, xcrmckenna said:

Yeah I don’t plan on renewing with them either. All three planes involved were insured by OR. So just my view there is or has been little accountability. In Oregon the laws favor insurance companies as well. They have the ability to continue to ask for new or more quotes indefinitely according to my legal counsel.

OR wants me to pay for the repairs out of pocket or put it on my policy even though my plane was chilling in its hangar. I think that way they could limit their payout because my policy is very defined on what and how they will pay for it. Where the pilot that damaged my plane has pretty much an open ended million dollar liability.

I’m far from asking for the moon but as the time stretches out that million dollar cap is looking better and better. “Joking not joking”….

Definitely not a fan of Old Republic internal team. But hopefully there is an end in sight soon, we’ll soonish…

Ive been following Charles experience with old republic and according to my insurance guy....In calif ,they would be looking at a non performance suit plus state insurance commissioner asighning this as a default.....I think than the claim would be paid out by special funding from all the other companies  ,and old republics license revoked in calif.

• Like 2