Need Part # for Ovation 2 Air Conditioning Compressor

PMcClure

49 minutes ago, PMcClure said:

Thank you- I have emailed them. According to the inter web, there are over 3200 of this part # available, but everyone I call says they don't have them. There are many universal types but the devil is in the details of thread size, port configuration, etc... When searching for a universal or alternate option, there are too many options to find exactly what we need. Let's hope Aeroval comes through.

No current stock, price or leadtime, no quote.  Thanks for the inquiry.

Best regards,

Aeroval, Inc.

:(

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Maybe something DMax can OH?

Or something the custom car guys can do… CA is the Mecca for this…

-a-

Thanks Anthony. I had the same thought yesterday and went out at looked at my custom 1955 Chevy. I think I installed the part I need several years ago! I researched some vintage air parts and ordered on from Summit Racing yesterday to be delivered today and foe about $40. Hope this will be what we need. 

B30AA95C-DAC7-4945-831C-106DE5D7CC0D.jpeg

9BD74B55-82B6-4F0E-91C8-737F029EA817.jpeg

• Like 1

Just a little update for anyone interested. I ordered the Vintage Air drier and it arrived yesterday. The set-up is universal, so the binary pressure switch can be installed on either side, which solves one problem. However, the stock Enviro pressure with has different threads than the Vintage Air Drier. I am not really sure I can find an adapter. So, I ordered a universal binary switch and also the vintage air switch today. Since the compressor and drier are stock automotive units and the binary switch should not care about voltage, I believe it should work. If it does, I will post the part numbers for everything for a trail for the next poor soul to run into these issues. 

Talk about making a simple thing complicated - Mooney and Enviro sure made this hard. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 9:59 AM, PMcClure said:

Just a little update for anyone interested. I ordered the Vintage Air drier and it arrived yesterday. The set-up is universal, so the binary pressure switch can be installed on either side, which solves one problem. However, the stock Enviro pressure with has different threads than the Vintage Air Drier. I am not really sure I can find an adapter. So, I ordered a universal binary switch and also the vintage air switch today. Since the compressor and drier are stock automotive units and the binary switch should not care about voltage, I believe it should work. If it does, I will post the part numbers for everything for a trail for the next poor soul to run into these issues. 

Talk about making a simple thing complicated - Mooney and Enviro sure made this hard. 

Just an update to close this out. My A/C is blowing cold again! And just in time for Alabama heat. The drier was from Vintage Air: Vintage Air 07321-VUC https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-07321-vuc

The compressor was: Sanden SD5H09 5073.  https://www.acparts.com/product/new-original-sanden-compressor-5073/

Was quoted from Mooney over $3500 for the compressor and $3500 for the drier with no availability. The Compressor proved to be a stock automotive unit and the drier is pretty much universal, just some work to find one that would fit in the same spot. Hope this thread helps someone else down the road. 

Edited by PMcClure
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, PMcClure said:

Just an update to close this out. My A/C is blowing cold again! And just in time for Alabama heat. The drier was from Vintage Air: Vintage Air 07321-VUC https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-07321-vuc

The compressor was: Sanden SD5H09 5073.  https://www.acparts.com/product/new-original-sanden-compressor-5073/

Was quoted from Mooney over $3500 for the compressor and $3500 for the drier with no availability. The Compressor proved to be a stock automotive unit and the drier is pretty much universal, just some work to find one that would fit in the same spot. Hope this thread helps someone else down the road. 

Hey PMcClure, Im finding myself having to do the replacement on my seized compressor and wanted to follow up regarding the switch, did the universal do the trick? 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, Weasel said:

Hey PMcClure, Im finding myself having to do the replacement on my seized compressor and wanted to follow up regarding the switch, did the universal do the trick? 

Yes - worked like a charm! It is just a binary switch. As long as it fits, it should work.