Bose QC 35 ii and NFlightMic question

cliffy

Can't find much searching here (probably me) but I may need to change my headsets out, Currently Have new Halo headsets but the wife doesn't like them (doesn't like the ear plug style). We haven't used them but twice but I haven't got her convinced to keep them yet  SO I'm thinking Bose QC 35 with NFlightMic systems. 

We will also have a need to Bluetooth from our phones while on long airline trips this year so maybe the Bose ones will handle both situations well. Looks like all I need to do us unhook the mic and use them as just headphones on the death tube  (airliner)

I see ebay has many options for QC 35s (ebay cautions noted) but the NFlightMic looks to be only factory direct.

Anyone have a report on how well the Bose 35s are doing with the NFlightMic ?

I have the older Q25's and UflyMike's   Love them.  Very light weight and do a great job of noise cancellation.  I already had the Q25's, Like you for Commercial flights and they are great while mowing the yard.  So for $250 bucks I decided to go with the UflyMike's.  I looked at both UflyMike and the NflightMic at oshkosh several years ago.  I like the UflyMikes better.  Just the way they attached to the headset.  When you pull the UflyMike off the headset it is back to original condition, where the NflightMic attached to the side of the headset with velcro.  The UflyMike just looked like a cleaner install.  The only difference between the QC25's and the QC35's are the 35's are bluetooth and the 25's are not.  But the 35's loose the bluetooth option when you plug in the Mic's from what I understand. 

UflyMikes work well. I’ve used both their 25 and 35 set up. Haven’t used it in the Mooney. 
My complaints with the 25 was that if the battery died you’d loose all comm.

Both setups have a random tendency to unplug from the earpiece when making seat adjustments or moving belts around. 

When the 35’s battery dies it has a momentary loss of signal than recovers. This happened once right at V1. I now run the 35’s with out the battery and ANR. 

Both Headsets were comfortable and appeared well made. I need to try them in the Mooney. There are a few here who say the 35s work really well in the Mooney. 
Good luck,

Matt

8 hours ago, MB65E said:

My complaints with the 25 was that if the battery died you’d loose all comm.

I have not found that to be the case with my QC25's.  Mine work with a dead battery. Just no ANR.  I find that the passive noise reduction matches my DC's  My complaint is if you forget to turn them off the battery runs down.  I wish they had auto off.  Also the QC25's are lighter than the 35's.  It is easy to replace the battery on the 25's in flight while the 35's have rechargeable battery so I do not know how you recharge them in flight.  The 25's are out of production but there are some NOS on ebay.  I purchased mine from the Bose Outlet store (refurb) for about $125 a few years ago

Edited by c177tx