67 M20E For Sale

23 amu's is the quote I have for the STEC-30 and Aspen install.  If I went with just the STEC-30, GPSS module and upgraded DG, it would be 17 amu's.  Thought it would be better to just do the glass now and get it out of the way for a little bit more versus spending more later with another upgrade.  This will be my last upgrades as the plane will be set as far as the avionics go.  Maybe an Aspen MFD later on.

Brian

I'm with you Brian.  I have the same install going right now except that I have the MFD (the 500 version) going in as well and can't wait to get my baby back!  It's due on the 14th of Jan if it's on time.  I was going to do to the PFD and STec 30 through a local shop, but they were so late (I'd ordered it the last day of Oshkosh to get the discount and they still didn't have an "in" date for me in mid-November) that cancelled it with them and I went with Ron Collins Aviation in Henderson, KY.  Their price was also enough better that I had them go ahead with the MFD 500 and the weather unit as well.  It's killing me finally having some time off over the holidays and not being able to go flying!

Hi Gary,

That would be mine.  You can visit my website (www.67m20e.com) for general pictures, info, etc, but I haven't put anything up formally yet.  Most of the information at the very top is still accurate.

Let me know if you have any questions at bdkuhn2014(at)yahoo.com

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Brian

Well, I just got back from the avionics shop and plunked down the deposit for the STEC-30 w/alt hold, GPSS, new A/P friendly DG, UBG-16, FP-5L, and new PTT switch in the yoke.  I couldn't pull the trigger on the Aspen (yet) and decided I will be just fine with a normal 6 pack for now.  The extra 11 amu's will remain in my mx kitty (or be a peace offering to my wife in the form of a trip to Italy if I don't get assigned there...Innocent).  The plane should be in the shop sometime around the first of February and take about 3 weeks to complete.  I'll get the pics, since I'll be in Saudi by then.  The FBO owner that has been taking care of my plane is doing the ferry flights for me (he's been an E owner since 84). 

I decided to stay put with my current plane after completing a flight to Denver on Sunday.  It was nice to see the GPS hit 212 kts GS on the way back at 11,000 feet and only burn 23 gallons over the 2.5 hour flight (K00V to KFLV).  The controllers were nice and kept asking if I wanted direct instead of flying the airways.... Laughing  I guess it was a slow Sunday for them.  I had three adults and my oldest son in the plane.  It was rather cozy, but noone really complained, so I'm happy.  I really need to stay off the for sale sites while I'm deployed...

Thanks,

Brian

post-401-13468139155059_thumb.jpg

post-401-13468139155954_thumb.jpg