Dash scratching new windshield

So anyone got a good fix for keeping the vibration of the dash from scratching into the windshield? I see the door seal thread about the Home Depot door seals and I'm wondering if that applied along the entire bottom of the windshield would be a good application. Anyone have a different solution?

Good question 200 hours and 9 months ago. The vibration I believe is from compression stroke of the 4 cylinder and I have no doubt if it was a six cylinder it wouldn't scratch it. It's the buzzing of the compression strokes combined with the length from the hold down screws to the far forward plastic of the dash gives it a pretty good moment arm.

Dyn balance prop because it should be done, to fix the winshield, I would use a folded piece of paper stuff them between windshield and dash to temporarily provide a space between the two. then apply a dab of silicone gasket maker between them. Not on the paper, the aper only keeps them a distance apart until the silicone hardens. The silicone cures into small cushion between the two the trick is to make sure there is a space between the two until it cures. When you have to remove the dash, carefully slice through the silicone with an exacto making sure you only slice the silicone.

when was the last time you had the prop dynamically balanced?

We dynamically balanced the prop on our plane to a very low number, .052 IPS and the compass still swings +/- 40 degrees at 2700 RPM, and the glareshield buzzes.  4-cylinder Mooneys are just noisy, banging, vibrating airplanes. Perhaps the steel tube fuselage.

The factory puts a piece of 1/4" by 1/8" U-channel on the front edge of the glareshield. This prevents the plastic glareshield from rubbing the windshield on the inside.

I guess the min order wasn't 50 so I ordered 20 feet for 14 plus shipping

No kidding, I was missing the windlace on one side, I salvaged mine from a crashed 402 in the Bahamas. Perhaps Cessnapartsdirect has the windlace in stock for a 1981 Cessna 402C.

You know them Mooney drivers are cheap. ;)

post-7887-0-82549800-1367385506_thumb.jppost-7887-0-01455300-1367385521_thumb.jppost-7887-0-04034100-1367385533_thumb.jp