1992 M20J MSE N9127S available for sale soon

Coming out of an extensive Annual and IRAN with (South Tec Aero and Watson Aero). All discrepancies are fixed (even non airworthy).

~2200 hours TTAF
1046 useful load

~100TSOH
- 0 since IRAN - currently coming back from an engine IRAN (Watson Aero) to new limits (getting a new case + cylinders + overhauled crank + new pistons, etc)
- Overhauled mag
- Overhauled alternator
-Overhauled prop governor
-Overhauled oil cooler
-New oil lines
-Overhauled voltage regulator

~100 hours on the prop since new

New Avionics Panel (2023)

-Dual G3x Touch (EIS and traffic on both displays)
-Garmin GNX375 with ADSB-in/out
- Garmin GFC500 AP
-Garmin G5
-Garmin EIS with a full sensor suite
-Garmin GMA-245R Remote audio panel
-Dual GTR 20 remote comm
-Dual Bose LEMO Plugs
-Dual USB charging built in (USB-C + USB-A)
-Garmin GAP-26 AOA sensor
-CIES Digital Fuel senders
-Replaced rocker switches

Mods / STCs

-Precise flight speed brakes
-Whelen LED taxi and landing lights
-GAMI fuel injectors

Paint is 5/10. Shiny, but chipping mostly around rivet heads

Interior is 6/10. New carpets just installed with annual. Seats need recovering

Full set of covers in good shape (Bruce)

Extensive misc maintenance

-New brake pads and rotors (black metal) + flushed / replaced brake fluid
-Master + slave brake cylinders completely rebuilt
-New cabin and baggage door seals
-New Battery (2022)
-New Engine mounts (2022)

More pictures and info to come. I am sure I am missing something.

I plan on finishing the engine and flying a bit before selling.

20240330_135220720_iOS.png

20240208_135503642_iOS.png

20240321_215518097_iOS.png

20231111_020651000_iOS.jpg

20231111_020652000_iOS 2.jpg

20231111_020652000_iOS.jpg

20231111_020652000_iOS 1.jpg

20231111_020402000_iOS 1.jpg

• gevertex changed the title to 1992 M20J MSE N9127S available for sale soon
8 minutes ago, gevertex said:

Engine was overhauled ~100 hours ago.

100TSOH - Currently coming back from an engine IRAN (Watson Aero) to new limits (getting a new case + cylinders + overhauled crank)

IRAN is not an overhaul, is it a major overhaul or an IRAN

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

100TSOH - Currently coming back from an engine IRAN (Watson Aero) to new limits (getting a new case + cylinders + overhauled crank)

IRAN is not an overhaul, is it a major overhaul or an IRAN

Sure, will definitely be finetuning the price based upon the feedback. But to be clear. It had an Overhaul 100 hours ago and an IRAN now.

8 minutes ago, gevertex said:

Sure, will definitely be finetuning the price based upon the feedback. But to be clear. It had an Overhaul 100 hours ago and an IRAN now.

why would an overhaul require an IRAN 100 hours later? Who did the overhaul?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

why would an overhaul require an IRAN 100 hours later? Who did the overhaul?

Jewell Aviation did the overhaul. Found missing stud bolts after it's last flight. It's with Watson Aero now getting an IRAN to new limits. It's getting a new case, first run overhauled cylinders, overhauled crank in addition to the rest of the usual parts.

Please do tell us how the overhaul went with Jewell, surprisingly enough people keep sending stuff to him, but you’re the third customer I know that had to replace their entire engine soon after.  
You’re going to have to be able to explain this history to somebody without having them take a lot off because first of all Jewell touched it, which means everything that came out of his door was total crap, and then second of all somebody else came along and installed rebuilt cylinders in a rebuilt case and the rest of it was disassembled and reassembled, but that’s not really a guarantee either. It’s just bad history is all.  

53 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

Please do tell us how the overhaul went with Jewell, surprisingly enough people keep sending stuff to him, but you’re the third customer I know that had to replace their entire engine soon after.  
You’re going to have to be able to explain this history to somebody without having them take a lot off because first of all Jewell touched it, which means everything that came out of his door was total crap, and then second of all somebody else came along and installed rebuilt cylinders in a rebuilt case and the rest of it was disassembled and reassembled, but that’s not really a guarantee either. It’s just bad history is all.  

I disagree about the practical impact of this (people can think what they want of course). During the IRAN all parts are thoroughly checked, and anything out of spec from new got replaced. Watson has a great reputation. It's a Savvy shop. I may just fly it a while it if becomes an issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gevertex said:

I disagree about the practical impact of this (people can think what they want of course). During the IRAN all parts are thoroughly checked, and anything out of spec from new got replaced. Watson has a great reputation. It's a Savvy shop. I may just fly it a while it if becomes an issue.

I mean, Jewell also certified and inspected everything too, but then it came apart 100 hours later, and I haven’t heard of Wilson before and most people here have not either so it’s kind of the same thing. It depends on the reputation of the shop and the shop doesn’t have a very wide reputation. Now, if it were done by the factory or Poplar Grove or Zephyr or one of those places, then you have a lot more to stand on.  We run into fishy engines all the time consulting clients on airplanes to buy. And frequently it’s like this. It comes apart two or three times in 1000 hours and the owner gets blown up each time because it never was right to begin with. Hopefully this time for you it’s better.  

13 hours ago, jetdriven said:

I mean, Jewell also certified and inspected everything too, but then it came apart 100 hours later, and I haven’t heard of Wilson before and most people here have not either so it’s kind of the same thing. It depends on the reputation of the shop and the shop doesn’t have a very wide reputation. Now, if it were done by the factory or Poplar Grove or Zephyr or one of those places, then you have a lot more to stand on.  We run into fishy engines all the time consulting clients on airplanes to buy. And frequently it’s like this. It comes apart two or three times in 1000 hours and the owner gets blown up each time because it never was right to begin with. Hopefully this time for you it’s better.  

I am sure it will be different. In this case the specific cause was identified up front and rectified. This is why it got first run overhauled cylinders / a factory new case during the IRAN. Watson Aero is well known to Savvy and came highly recommended. As I am sure you know, Savvy tracks shop performance over time and only deals with those shops that do good work and stand behind it. 

I’m not trying to be harsh but that engine situation would make me extremely nervous! And you are asking a premium price. Not a good combo, IMHO

Put another way, I’d prefer a runout engine at a corresponding price to a fresh overhaul with zero hours; your situation is even a bit worse with a bad OH that now had been torn apart and you are selling with zero hours!

35 minutes ago, MikeOH said:

I’m not trying to be harsh but that engine situation would make me extremely nervous! And you are asking a premium price. Not a good combo, IMHO

Put another way, I’d prefer a runout engine at a corresponding price to a fresh overhaul with zero hours; your situation is even a bit worse with a bad OH that now had been torn apart and you are selling with zero hours!

I appreciate the honesty.  I'll finish the verified vref and adjust the price accordingly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gevertex said:

I appreciate the honesty.  I'll finish the verified vref and adjust the price accordingly.

You might use Jimmy's price guide as well as vref; I found his to be very thorough.  If you don't have a copy I think he'll send you one since you are an owner.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gevertex said:

I may also just keep it for another year. I don't have to sell. That would get me >100hours on the engine then can re-evaluate.

Good idea. I would advertise locally for partners in the meantime if you are looking to defray costs. You’ll be at a better position once the new rebuild has some proven time on it. 

Sorry you got hosed by that first shop. That really sucks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeOH said:

You might use Jimmy's price guide as well as vref; I found his to be very thorough.  If you don't have a copy I think he'll send you one since you are an owner.

I was just gonna say this, ask Jimmy for his guide its free since you own a J. The price guide goes into this situation on over valuing by adding every detail. The number has to have a ceiling otherwise it wont sell.

Go to and click inventory: https://www.gmaxamericanaircraft.com

• Like 1