Want to fly from near London to near Cabourg France

We are in London until Tuesday, 4/30. We need to travel to Cabourg France no later than Wednesday, 5/1. Are there any Mooney pilots who would like to fly my wife and me from any airport near London to an airport near Cabourg. I have owned a M20J since 1994 but have never flown in Europe. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/26/2024 at 3:51 PM, IFLYIFR said:

We are in London until Tuesday, 4/30. We need to travel to Cabourg France no later than Wednesday, 5/1. Are there any Mooney pilots who would like to fly my wife and me from any airport near London to an airport near Cabourg. I have owned a M20J since 1994 but have never flown in Europe. Thanks.

@Ibra?

• Like 1

Sadly, I won't be to offer a flight during the week, I will ask two Mooney flyers in London if they have any short notice plans for France this week? 

Weather in UK was atrocious these months (we cancelled weekend trip in favour of going South on Sunday) 

Screenshot_20240429_230032_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you are staying in Normandie this weekend let me know?

Edited by Ibra

Ibra, thank you for your help. We’ve been in London for a week and today is the first day we’ve seen the sun! And it’s been rainy, cold, and/or windy. I went to Biaggin Hill airport Saturday; the ceiling was 300’. We’ve made reservations on the EuroStar for Wednesday, so I think we’re covered for this trip. Thanks again. John.

Ibra, we are in Normandy between May 2nd and May 11th. My wife signed us up for a tour of the region. We’ll be in Cabourg four nights and then the Canisy area for five nights. Then back to CDG to JFK. John.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sounds like a nice trip, you should stay an extra month in the region for D-Day80 

https://en.normandie-tourisme.fr/highlight/80th-anniversary-of-d-day/

Unfortunately, I am stuck at work in Paris this week, however, I am staying near Rouen this weekend and next week (8 & 9 May I am free full day)

You are more than welcome to visit us if you fancy barbecue or flight from Rouen (LFOP), otherwise, I may fly M20J to Caen (LFRK) or Deauville (LFRG) for meetup on 8/9 if you have nothing planned,

I will send you a PM, enjoy London and have a nice trip in Eurostar !

Edited by Ibra

Part of the tour will be all about D-Day. The leader of the tour is a history professor who specializes in WWII and specifically Normandy. He has lead 35 tours from the US to Normandy.

I would like to be in Normandy on June 6th. We are considering coming back for the anniversary.

My M20J is based at KHYI in Austin Texas. The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) based at KHYI is flying a C-47 from KHYI to Europe over the North Atlantic during the week of May 20th. It will fly over Omaha and/or Utah Beach in the 80th anniversary celebration on June 6 2024.

Thank you for offering to get together for barbecue. I think the tour keeps us booked with sightseeing activities all day while we are on the tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, IFLYIFR said:

I would like to be in Normandy on June 6th. We are considering coming back for the anniversary.

My M20J is based at KHYI in Austin Texas. The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) based at KHYI is flying a C-47 from KHYI to Europe over the North Atlantic during the week of May 20th. It will fly over Omaha and/or Utah Beach in the 80th anniversary celebration on June 6 2024.

Yes this year sounds epic, worth another trip (we are spending whole day at Vierville-Sur-Mer City Hall on 4th June)

Let's keep in touch next week,