robert hageman

Hello, I have a 68 Mooney m-20F that got an annual from Blue Skies Aviation in San Marcos.  Shaune Maycock gave me a price of $2200, then charged $2600 when I went there to meet him about payment.  I had asked him to fix a fuel leak, improve the cowl flap motion and replace the door seal.  He had done none of these when he asked for payment June 5.  I went there--he left the meeting and didn't come back--I left the check and left.  We had no further communication.  I was ill w pneumonia for a month in June and then had a big surgery in July.  Aug 22 I recieved a bill for almost $10,000 for multiple repairs he said were needed.  4 days later I got a notice he would impound the plane @ $125 per day and charge a 5% late fee if I didn't pay.  I paid the full bill with the note that I disputed the need for those repairs and the excessive time billed.  He filed a lien w the FAA and moved my plane to its covered spot at the airport and put a wheelock on it.  Also he said he wasn't going to sign off on it being airworthy.  I'm in a lawsuit with this fellow now.

Has anyone had any similar experience with this fellow or company.  Please help me with this if you can.   512-789-7050

Yeah, you might google his name.  Sorry you're in an awful situation now.  I don't know if you can get a FSDO involved to investigate his maintenance behavior and extortion attempt with the lien.  I'm guessing you did not have any written work order/authorization to limit what he was allowed to inspect/repair/etc.  Did he bill you $10k for work he did, or said was needed?  Your first post is confusing.  You'll obviously need a lawyer or two and in the end you're gonna lose a lot of money.

He may have the right to a lein for unpaid work, but he cant impound the plane if its paid for.  Also, all maintenance must be logged. If he did an annual inspection, he doesnt get to withhold it, or sign it as unairworthy. The PIC determines airworthiness. He can sign the annual and give you a list of discrepancies.

My number is in my profile, or call me at 484-4FLY-RPM, give me a call we can talk further. I got some ideas.

• Like 2

Thanks for the offer.  Chatted with the fellows at FSDO and found all the requirements for a mechanic to provide technical guidance  for why an item was found not airworthy and the data to determine it's need for repair/replacement.  Also found out Mr. Maycock called an FAA airworthyness inspector to come look at my plane and write up corroded screws at windshield and small pits from hail on ailerons prior to 1985..  Had concern avbout stress on metal under paint.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, MB65E said:

I seem to remember a story much like this a few years ago. Sound like the same guy. 
I have a 500-5 wheel and and tire if you wanted to move it.
-Matt

Yes, same goofball. His name came up in the recent Don Maxwell thread. 
Sorry to hear those guys still exist. 
-Matt

1 hour ago, Robert Hageman said:

Thanks for the offer.  Chatted with the fellows at FSDO and found all the requirements for a mechanic to provide technical guidance  for why an item was found not airworthy and the data to determine it's need for repair/replacement.  Also found out Mr. Maycock called an FAA airworthyness inspector to come look at my plane and write up corroded screws at windshield and small pits from hail on ailerons prior to 1985..  Had concern avbout stress on metal under paint.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying here. If you are involved in litigation it's not good to air it out in a public forum, or anywhere else for that matter. 

17 hours ago, Rwsavory said:

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying here. If you are involved in litigation it's not good to air it out in a public forum, or anywhere else for that matter. 

Good advice. I’ve done presentations on this one.