How to connect Aspen to the KFC150 autopilot

Raffi

Hi all ,

I'm updating the interior of my bravo and I found that the vacuum tube is very oily. Apparently this needs to be replaced after several years because the oil that the tube releases can ruin the vacuum pump. The only thing that's running on the vacuum pump is the AI , there is an electrical AI backup and there is an Aspen Evolution screen. So I thought instead of replacing the tube, lets get rid of all the vacuum pumps, tubing... The problem is that the autopilot is coupled to the vacuum AI... Any reliable suggestions that dont make me bankrupt?

Kind regards

Ralph

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the current cost of the Aspen EA-100 adapter, but that should work with the KFC150 - assuming all the other variables are there.  Check with your Avionics Shop, it might be the easiest way to go. 

Also check that the electrical AI is or can be the backup to the Aspen and that your old vacuum AI isn't (currently) required.  I'm assuming the two AIs were there before the Aspen, so it is possible the vacuum AI is the required one and the electrical on might just be there.  Doesn't mean there are not other option, just make sure that's not a "gotcha" you were not expecting. 

Hi all ,
I'm updating the interior of my bravo and I found that the vacuum tube is very oily. Apparently this needs to be replaced after several years because the oil that the tube releases can ruin the vacuum pump. The only thing that's running on the vacuum pump is the AI , there is an electrical AI backup and there is an Aspen Evolution screen. So I thought instead of replacing the tube, lets get rid of all the vacuum pumps, tubing... The problem is that the autopilot is coupled to the vacuum AI... Any reliable suggestions that dont make me bankrupt?
Kind regards
Ralph
Hi Ralph,

I have an EA-100 converter from my previous setup that that I'll sell if you are interested. That's what you will need to connect the Aspen to the KFC-150. PM me please

Alex

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk