LED Anti-Collision Bright Enough?

My plane has the fuselage mounted anti-collision strobes, and the upper light needs to be replaced.  I've been considereing 

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/whelenflashingbeacon.php

as an option that should last longer and draw less current, but wasn't sure if it would be bright enough.  I read an article that the new "C-172s" are using LED exclusively.

My second option would be to use one of these http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/modelhrcfalight.php

Thoughts?

I'll have to search for the model number that I installed last summer, but it's what the Whelen rep at Sun-n-Fun told me was the correct one for the plane. Here's a photo of the new LED and the old high-voltage flasher, and yes, it's plenty bright. The old one was quite intermittent, but I didn't realize it until someone told me. Now, I notice the flash from under the belly when I fly at night. Just be sure to reuse the mounting ring from your old one.

post-54-13468140807853_thumb.jpg

post-54-1346814080844_thumb.jpg

Definitely >$400. What's a new high-voltage blinker run for nowadays, in comparison? Or can you even get a non-LED flashing beacon any more? When I gave the Whelen man the model number of my dying unit, he whistled softly and said, "Man, that's old" then showed me "what you need"--the LED in the picture. I like it; it's small, bright and should last forever.