Air Vent Deflectors - 3D printed - 2 spare

Maxx

All 4 of the air deflectors on my '77 M20J were cracked and falling apart, these are a set of 4 I had 3D printed from MakeXYZ, after some reverse engineering. Made them stronger in ABS plastic, better thickness and in the vent areas and corners, so they won't crack.  

I can spare 2 if anyone is interested.  FCFS, just send me prepaid shipping label online. 

You will have to lightly sand them and remove any loose strands, fibers etc and paint to match.  

Not PMA certified, just doing this as a favor for folks here. Will I get in trouble? 

Air Deflectors.jpg

Mooney Air Defl installed02a.jpg

Mooney Air Defl installed.jpg

Edited by Maxx
Modify Title
  • Like 3

• Maxx changed the title to Air Vent Deflectors - 3D printed - 2 spare
21 minutes ago, Oscar Avalle said:

No d Job! There os another conversation describing other options. Like this one dd0a79df058e2348edfc09828589e4aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! I already have the eyeball vents, are the adapters available.  A 3D print .stl file would be great!

dj

dj

Nice work MAXX!

The rule on interior parts might cover things…

If not sure… ask you mechanic how to log the installation…

+1 for going the whole way and adding the eyeball vents for a few dollars more, if available… find that thread to see all the details and variables for the similar project…

++1 for really going the distance… re-route the air to come from a NACA vent at the tail…. :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments guys!  These are not available any more, someone got them!

Much appreciate the feedback. I wont be making the STL file available, due to liability concerns among other things. 

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Thanks for all the comments guys!  These are not available any more, someone got them!

Much appreciate the feedback. I wont be making the STL file available, due to liability concerns among other things. 

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Oscar Avalle said:

No d Job! There os another conversation describing other options. Like this one dd0a79df058e2348edfc09828589e4aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! I already have the eyeball vents, are the adapters available.  A 3D print .stl file would be great!

dj

dj

• 2 weeks later...

Just received shipment back from AeroMotors LLC $500 + return shipping label $15.  They received on a Monday, and shipped back to me on Thursday the same week.  Good people there, and the pump looked like brand new when I received it.  Installed by A&P just fine and tested.

One point to mention to the A&P is that Aeromotors said that if your fuel lines are hard piping, then be careful during installation that the hard piping/fittings and the mounting screws to the aircraft frame do not fight each other and put the small pump shaft in a bind inadvertently.  AeroMotors can explain this better to you,

Thanks all!

• Like 1