Airworthiness Directives; McCauley Propeller Systems

Yetti

Just now, EricJ said:

Note 2 in the ASB sez, "Documents provided by the governor overhaul facility may be utilized in determining the effectivity of suspect overhauled or repaired governors."

So I think you're good!

Thanks -- somehow I missed that note.

Removing the governor is a pain on an IO-360-A3B6 on a M20J. When he hung the new engine, my A&P for some reason didn't put the governor on the engine before hanging it. I arrived at the hangar after he'd hung it and when we went to put the governor on we found that there wasn't enough clearance between the firewall and the mounting studs to mount it. We had to remove the bolts from the upper engine mounts and tip the engine forward to get enough room to slip it on.

Skip

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Thanks -- somehow I missed that note.

Removing the governor is a pain on an IO-360-A3B6 on a M20J. When he hung the new engine, my A&P for some reason didn't put the governor on the engine before hanging it. I arrived at the hangar after he'd hung it and when we went to put the governor on we found that there wasn't enough clearance between the firewall and the mounting studs to mount it. We had to remove the bolts from the upper engine mounts and tip the engine forward to get enough room to slip it on.

Skip

Eep.    Mine is still the A3B6D, and while it's still a royal pain to get the governor in or out I didn't have to undo the engine mounts.   I'm usually vacillating between whether I'd switch to an A3B6 at overhaul, but this is another mark in the "not" column.  ;)