Propeller Upgrade

AndyFromCB

How many Bravo's were delivered? Is there not enought market for Hartzell to create a new propeller or certify one of their existing ones for the Bravo? Seems to me most of the Acclaim's performance came from the propeller and a new cowling design. Any thoughts? Below is a link to a Socata TB-21 propeller, I don't see why it shouldn't work on Bravo, of course, they would need to create a specific one for Bravo, 76inches instead of 78inches

http://www.hartzellprop.com/top_prop_details.php?id=70

Someone else could pin the number down more accurately than I can.  The number is around 300 less the ones that have left the country and the ones that have crashed.  MT has a 4 blade available but it does not help much with speed.  It is lighter 12lbs so the flare on landing might be less effort.

Walt

• 2 weeks later...

You might consider simply calling Hartzell to see if they would be interested in such an option!  They may have already thought of it, but didn't have any/enough customer interest, or an airplane to use for the testing required to support an STC.  Perhaps you could work a deal...

• 1 month later...