Does anyone other than safe flight overhaul stall switches?

peevee

47 minutes ago, takair said:

Can you post pictures of the $500 replacement kit and how easy or hard to retrofit?  This sounds like an underutilized alternative. I wish I had known about it when I was having problems.

Sure. It didn't look bad to install to me. I didn't take pics of the doubler and stuff 

IMG_20170512_104443.jpg

IMG_20170512_171633_01.jpg

IMG_20170512_171626_01.jpg

940065_B.pdf

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, takair said:

I just realized there is another approved alternative.  Safe Flight makes a drop in replacement AOA system.  It fits in place of the stall switch we are discussing.  While not cheap, if you are in the market for an AOA and need a stall switch, this may be the way to go and it may be less than doing both, a new switch and AOA.  http://www.safeflight.com/product/scc-leading-edge-angle-of-attack/

I researched that a little and my impression was it wasn't approved to replace the stall warning system. Am I incorrect?

42 minutes ago, peevee said:

I researched that a little and my impression was it wasn't approved to replace the stall warning system. Am I incorrect?

You are right.  I just looked again.  The applicability used the words "had a safe flight transducer" and I assumed that meant you remove it.  In fact, this is installed on the opposite wing and you must keep the old one.  Good catch.  Too bad, that would be a really great way to replace the switch and get an upgrade at the same time.

By the way, I think that Mooney switch may be the way to go.  It's a rare situation where the OEM part is more economical than the "aftermarket". That was a great find on your part and I think it will save people a lot of aggravation in the future.  I guess all we had to do was ask!