External power plug on early Mooneys

My '67 F didn't come with the external power jack, but it was added at the end of the year.  The logbook entry references a 337, and the 337 says it was installed IAW Mooney drawing # 950086.  If that drawing's still available from the factory, it should list the parts required (and I wouldn't think a 337 should be required for the installation).

Dan, you can’t expect Stacey to do that.  Without following the proper information release process could get somebody fired.  The request needs to go through the company and released in accordance with company procedures.  The information is proprietary to MAC.  I’m just thankful he is here and offers advice when he can.

I'm interested in this mod too. Dead batteries are always a possibility and the ability to fiddle with avionics with the engine off is attractive. I've seen it installed on the '67 F they have at Top Gun. It's pretty slick with a little flap that covers the receptical. If anyone here has done it, besides the proceedure to get it done, I'd like to know cost too.

Quote: tony

Dan, you can’t expect Stacey to do that.  Without following the proper information release process could get somebody fired.  The request needs to go through the company and released in accordance with company procedures.  The information is proprietary to MAC.  I’m just thankful he is here and offers advice when he can.

Quote: bjmacdonald

So what your saying i can call Mooney and ask for the drawings if available for a 63C external power recep. and if it was ever installed they will provide drawing and part numbers. If not i have to make up the drawings and submit to FSDO for a 337 install.

I have a factory external power plug on my 65 M20E. It "does not" allow for a "jump start" of the engine. There is a relay in the circuit that "disconnects" the starting/battery circuit and bypasses the master switch when external 14V is applied. I use a Spruce 14V power supply to plug into the port on the right side of the plane just behind the wing trailing edge. I have spent many hours using this feature to famialize myself with operation of my Garmin 430 and SL30. To jump start my engine, I still have to remove the access panel (behind the left wing) to the battery and use standard jumper cables.

No, on top behind a small access door on a bracket. I'll get pictures next time I'm at the hanger. I emailed the former owner, he had it installed for a solar battery charger he had on the top of his hanger. It was installed at Lake Aero in California in 2002 in conjunction with the new panel. Work order 02-12 they may still have it on file. It references a power plug kit.

Quote: robert14

I have a factory external power plug on my 65 M20E. It "does not" allow for a "jump start" of the engine. There is a relay in the circuit that "disconnects" the starting/battery circuit and bypasses the master switch when external 14V is applied. I use a Spruce 14V power supply to plug into the port on the right side of the plane just behind the wing trailing edge. I have spent many hours using this feature to famialize myself with operation of my Garmin 430 and SL30. To jump start my engine, I still have to remove the access panel (behind the left wing) to the battery and use standard jumper cables.

I think Aircraft Spruce has the receptcial, but if you are just wanting the ability to power you electronics while on the ground it would be easier and cheaper to put a cigarett lighter plug on the end of a small battery charger and keep the battery charged that way.