FL Fly-In Schedule Changes

fantom

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

I have just learned that two of our normal restaurants have and or are closing.

Tomorrow is the last day for the restaurant at Winter Haven (GIF) where we were going next month.  So, instead we will be going to High Jacker’s at Flagler on May 14.  I will send my normal reminder in a couple of weeks, but wanted to “pre-warn” everyone.

The airport in St. Augustine has also closed and since I was planning to go there in August I had to make other arrangements.  In August we will be going to Lake Wales (X07) where there is no restaurant on the airport, but we will park in the area near the self service fuel and the airport manager will meet us with a large van and drive us 4 or 5 minutes to Woody’s BBQ restaurant.  He will also drive us back to our airplanes after lunch.

Sorry about the short notice on August, but apparently the airport did not give the restaurant much notice that they wanted a different kind of operation in the space.

Dave