Wing Stringer

carl

Hello,

I am going to remove and replace the right top rear Wing Stringer due to a small spot of corrosion.

This is part number 220000-128 

It is about 12 feel of 1x1 aluminum angle.

Does anyone know of a part dealer where I may obtain this piece?

Does Mooney factory support these older aircraft?  

Do you think LASAR handles this type of part.

1967 M20 E .

I"m not doing it , Im having it doneby an  A&P,IA , I'm just running down parts , because its a Saturday

Carl 

I bought a stringer for my fuselage about 3 years ago from lasar. Dan sourced a new part from mooney for me. It came primed and painted. I'm sure you cans get a new one. Pricing won't be as bad as you think. It's just angle. 

I had few spots in the wings this year I took care of. I drilled out a few rivets, then polished under the skin and stringer with crocus cloth. Followed by thinned epoxy primer on everything. The white powder where corrosion is is usually not that deep. It polishes off easier than I thought too. Might give that a try before you scrap the stringer. 

Following my repairs this year I put a can of corrosion X in each wing. It's like a flying bug sprayer right now...

-Matt