Just received (My wife's nemesis)  back from avionics shop with rebuilt fuel senders and JPI 930 installed.

Shop said fuel indicators will read full  until 33 gallons per tank is reached then accurate the rest of the way down to the "Big Easy".

The unreadable 11.5 gal on the top is not an issue, but just wondering if other users are getting similar results??

On 6/9/2015 at 0:33 PM, Bob_Belville said:

I have had an EDM 930 since 2012. I like it a lot. The large screen can be mounted on the right side of the panel and still be easily seen and interfaced with. Their customer service has been fine. I had to send the unit and the transducer back to the factory dealing with erratic fuel pressure. They found nothing wrong, updated my software and return in about 2 days.  

I agree that fuel quantity displayed is only as good as the senders which is not great. They are only required to be correct when the tank is (near) empty. Mine are quite accurate when qty is 10 gal or less. But the key to safe fuel management is the extremely accurate fuel flow sensor/accumulator.

I thought the 930 had to be installed in the center or left panel to qualify as a primary instrument?  

5 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

I thought the 930 had to be installed in the center or left panel to qualify as a primary instrument?  

There is a RAD (Remote Alarm Display) that is required if the main unit is too far from the pilot's primary scan - above the Aspen in my panel. It displays alarms as appropriate otherwise RPM and MAP. This is more a legal thingy than real world, original equipment tach and manifold gauges as well as fuel quantities, temp gauges... were often in the right side panel.)

IMG_20160425_114528488.jpg

IMG_20160425_114606136.jpg

IMG_20160111_103940554.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

There is a RAD (Remote Alarm Display) that is required if the main unit is too far from the pilot's primary scan - above the Aspen in my panel. It displays alarms as appropriate otherwise RPM and MAP. This is more a legal thingy than real world, original equipment tach and manifold gauges as well as fuel quantities, temp gauges... were often in the right side panel.)

IMG_20160425_114528488.jpg

IMG_20160425_114606136.jpg

IMG_20160111_103940554.jpg

oooooooooooooooooooooh, nice :)