Tank reseal

rainman

I've been asked by a mooneyspacer to post these photos of my fuel tank experience so folks will get some idea of how things worked out. The tanks in my 1979 had been patched and repaired at least four times and so much sealer had been built up that several mechanics advised against the scraping method just because of the time it would take. WeepNoMore did my tanks. Included are pre-strip, post-strip, and sealed photos. PM me if you want to see more. Ray

post-8153-0-28938000-1390518547_thumb.jp

post-8153-0-33347500-1390518645_thumb.jp

post-8153-0-01123900-1390518684_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I've been asked by a mooneyspacer to post these photos of my fuel tank experience so folks will get some idea of how things worked out. The tanks in my 1979 had been patched and repaired at least four times and so much sealer had been built up that several mechanics advised against the scraping method just because of the time it would take. WeepNoMore did my tanks. Included are pre-strip, post-strip, and sealed photos. PM me if you want to see more. Ray

The first picture shows a good example of the use of B2 (high viscosity) instead of A2 (low viscosity) as shown on the third picture. B2 will not flow thus it does not penetrate into small crevices in the structure. B2 should be used only on large structural gaps while A2 is used on most of the tank surface and penetrates into small crevices.

José 

• Like 1