Looking for S-Tec 50 coming off of M20C

YuriE

If you are aware of S-Tec 50 for sale, that came off of M20C complete with pitch servo, bracket for it, and wires - please do let me know. Apparently STC won't be a problem in this case, I'm told, and I'll be able to upgrade my S-Tec 40...

Just now, Denis Mexted said:

I've got an S-Tec 50 (I think) that I've pulled out of a M20F. 

I don't know anything about it except it worked prior to long term storage. 

Do you have original STC for it? If so - could you send me a scan, and I'll show it to my Avionics guy.

44 minutes ago, Denis Mexted said:

YuriE, I've just had a look through the paperwork and cannot find any STC for the S-Tec and M20F. Not totally surprising as the books are a bit of a mess. 

Sorry, Denis.

It is what it is. Perhaps you could send photo(s) of all the pieces you've got - and I'll show that to A&P? yuri.e.elson@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have an STEC 60-2 with electric trim that was removed from a 67 M20F (GFC-500) upgrade in September.

All brackets and mounts are included except for the roll servo bracket since it was too much work to remove.

The servos were overhauled in 2017 and I have the logbook entry and original STC still.

The post is under my name in the classified parts section of Mooney Space with photos, so feel free to take a look or ping me directly and I can pass any other info.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be replacing S-Tec 40 in a glass panel (dual G5, GTN650). So I need S-Tec unit (see it on photo), it's mounting bracket, pitch servo, it's mounting bracket, and wiring. If you also have original STC paperwork - that would be super!

• 5 weeks later...

YuriE.

I had a good look around the other day and could see no pitch servo and mounting unit. 

There was a servo and bellcrank in the left hand wing. 

Would it be unusual to have a S-Tec just as a wing leveller?

55 minutes ago, Denis Mexted said:

YuriE.

I had a good look around the other day and could see no pitch servo and mounting unit. 

There was a servo and bellcrank in the left hand wing. 

Would it be unusual to have a S-Tec just as a wing leveller?

Wouldn't say it's unusual... Whoever had it installed - could've decided to save $$ for the moment, but leave easy ability to go 2-axis later easily... I, however, already have S-Tec40 - so do need pitch... Great to meet you, and best of luck!