Auto Pilot - roll, baby, roll

I have a KFC-150, Aspen and EA-100.

On today's trip I noticed that that the flight director was indicating that I needed to turn left.  Problem is that the nose started moving to to the right.(The autopilot was on.)

I disconnected the autopilot figuring it was just a weird glitch.  I hand flew it until I was back on course.

I engaged the autopilot again and it rolled to a 40 degree bank until I disconnected it.  Just for fun I turned the a\p on again an and it did the same thing.   I killed the a\p when I was around 40 degreess of bank.  In both cases I went from straight and level to a steep bank in just a few seconds.

Any ideas on any troubleshooting that I can do before it goes to an almost certian big bill at the shop.

Thanks for any ideas.

since the flight director is indicating,ie commanding left  ,and a/p is rolling right,problem is not in the computer it self,but the roll servo in the right wing...either the servo itself or the wiring is failing...and yes ita a big bill...figure 1800 usd for overhauled servo from midcontinents,...good luck..been there..sinc kp couch

Quote: thinwing

since the flight director is indicating,ie commanding left  ,and a/p is rolling right,problem is not in the computer it self,but the roll servo in the right wing...either the servo itself or the wiring is failing...and yes ita a big bill...figure 1800 usd for overhauled servo from midcontinents,...good luck..been there..sinc kp couch

dont just throw money at it, replacing parts one at a time until the culprit is found.   Use a shop that has the proper repair and service manuals, and the tester box.  it generates inputs such as pitch and roll to diagnose.