Grab your Plus One come to Camarillo, CA 4/28 &29

mooneygirl

The first AOPA Regional Fly-In will be held in Camarillo, CA [KCMA] on Friday April 28th and Saturday the 29th. New this year are the full-day seminars on Friday. I am pleased to be offering one of the tracks called Pilot Plus One.  The premise here is simple: if we get everyone in the airplane excited about flying adventures, we will fly more.  The first half of the day are nationally known speakers that both the Pilot  and the Plus One will enjoy. After our working lunch the second half of the day is Right Seat Ready! our companion safety seminar.  How does the day end? With awesome door prizes from major aviation companies:

• Whelen Landing Light
  • Flying Magazine Subscription
  • Flying Eyes Sunglasses
  • Books by Robert DeLaurentis
  • Concorde Battery
  • Pilot Getaways Subscription
  • Lightspeed Tango Wireless Headset
  • and more....

Drawing for our attendees will be held at 3:45. Must be present to win.  More information attached.  We will be presenting Pilot Plus One at all four regional AOPA Fly-Ins.

More Than Just the $100 Hamburger: Fun Destinations to Fly by George Kounis, Pilot Getaways Magazine.

Overcoming Fear Unleashing Potential: Addresses common fears of pilots and right-seat flyers by Robert DeLaurentis, Pilot, author, and philanthropist.

Getting to Know Your Airplane: Familiarization for Non-pilots by Jolie Lucas and Jan Maxwell

Picture Perfect: Tips and techniques to get the best in-flight and at destination photos by professional aviation photographer, Jim Koepnick.

Right Seat Ready! © Companion safety seminar by co-founders Jan Maxwell & Jolie Lucas. Covers aircraft control, emergency communications, navigation, heads-up flight display, and
landings.

Register today for Pilot Plus One at: http://bit.ly/2m4QfnYPilotPlusOne

PPO Flyer CMA.pdf

• Like 1

Pretty nice display on my dining room table.  Lightspeed Aviation is our headset sponsor for Right Seat Ready!  I have a brand new Zulu 3 to demo when flying my Maggie II around this beautiful country of ours. Plus they donated a Tango wireless headset for the door prize at AOPA Regional-Camarillo and a Zulu 3 headset for Norman, OK.  Quality, cutting edge technology and awesome customer service make me a #LightspeedGirl.

Space is limited for Pilot Plus One so register today for any of the four events around the country!  https://www.aopa.org/community/events/aopa-fly-ins/2017-aopa-fly-ins

IMG_8162.JPG

• Like 1

Whenever I start packing for a trip, Mooney give me this look.  "Oh Mom, don't go without me!"  Will be fun to head to Camarillo, CA tomorrow for AOPA Regional.  We have lots of folks registered for Pilot Plus One and of course there will be a full weekend of fun with the Barnstormer's Party, pancake breakfast, Saturday seminars and exhibit hall.  We will have a booth in the exhibit hall and my airplane will be show-center.  ArtCraft Paint will also have a booth in the exhibit hall.  IMG_8297.thumb.jpg.eaef1a95d19c805eadd5b3f0d2e6fd62.jpgIMG_8296.thumb.jpg.9483d0bafa7257e096fd73e7f7f39558.jpg

I'm volunteering a little time at the Pilots-N-Paws booth Saturday (#11 in Exhibition Hall). I've heard some disaster stories of departing in the pm of the final day at past events; like 4+ hours to get off the ground. Anyone have fly-in experience regarding this?

Guess I could park at OXR & Uber over..... ;)

• Like 1

Had a super short and fun flight from Santa Maria, CA to Camarillo. Usually takes about 35 minutes. Today it was just under 30 thanks to Mother Nature. Had 190 kts in my E model.  I am demo-ing the new Lightspeed Zulu 3 headset.  Super clarity and comfortable too. There are five Mooneys here and counting.  I am parked near the newly certified two-door ultra.  Mooney also has an Acclaim type S at Camarillo for demo/sale.  Tomorrow is the big day for Pilot Plus One.  It is going to be a lot of fun to connect with other pilots and educate the whole airplane.  Friday night is the Barnstormer's party: dinner/dance. Saturday is exhibits and shorter seminars.  Mooney Girls are in booth 52 in the exhibit hall.

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8327.JPG

IMG_8328.jpg

IMG_8335.JPG

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_8350.jpg

7 hours ago, joepilot said:

Good you were west of the hills and didn't run into any of this:

IMG_8936.PNG

I was doing really well until about Oxnard. Then BOOM: moderate turbulence the whole way in from there. Was about 11:30 a.m.  Tightened up the belt and slowed down.