Low voltage charging

ArtVandelay

My voltage regulator drives the voltage to 13.5, which is low by about a 0.5V

i never thought about it since my experience with voltage regulators has been with the multistage type and typically the 3rd stage is 13.5,  so now i found out they are simple 1 stage.

my VR was installed back in 2003 by PO and the mechanic recorded in the log that it puts out 13.5v signs off the repair as all is good, fast forward to now, i called the tech at Zeftronics and they're going to send me some trouble shooting doc, but being both cheap and lazy, I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, especially for those with problematic Gills?  This VR doesn't have any external adjustment.

Not sure about the Zef but on the Plane Power there was an adjustment where you could set the output to the desired voltage.  It was a simple adjustment POT.  The fun part is being at the firewall with the engine running adjusting the POT.

What model regulator do you have?  Either Zef's site or someone here might have the install instructions which should outline adjustments for voltage output.

4 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

Not sure about the Zef but on the Plane Power there was an adjustment where you could set the output to the desired voltage.  It was a simple adjustment POT.  The fun part is being at the firewall with the engine running adjusting the POT.

What model regulator do you have?  Either Zef's site or someone here might have the install instructions which should outline adjustments for voltage output.

My J VR is inside, but no customer accessible adjustment, i have the R15300, it's zip locked to the frame, my mechanic wasn't impressed.