Trimble 2000 Tutorial

I recently purchased a M20E. It has a Trimble 2000 GPS. The device is not very intuitive. I want to replace it with a Garmin 430, but until I do so, I want to use the Trimble.

I am starting to fly the plane IFR and in Europe SIDs and STARs are std procedure. I have searched the web for videos/tutorials on the Trimble and the only thing I found was the 200+ page handbook.

Does anyone have any advice/tips on how I can easily learn/get comfortable with the basic use?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

I have the 6 channels TNL 2000A since 1993. Very happy with it. Highly reliable. I would recomend to practice with it on the ground until you are familiar with it. Even if you do not have the manual it is not that hard to operate. Unlike the later GPS you can not update the data card via internet. Beware that there is an internal battery for the memory that needs to be replaced every 10 years. When the battery fails the unit will not keep the flight plans when powered down.

José