Wanted - Partnership in East Texas

Dan V

New to the forum and looking to make the move from Mooney wannabe to owner. Would love to find a partnership opportunity on a Mooney in East Texas, preferably KTYR or 07F, but open to others. Have a little over 200 hours, working on my instrument rating and am looking for an aircraft I can travel with, mainly around Texas, Arkansas, and Colorado. A well maintained 1970's or 80's era aircraft is probably ideal from a budgetary standpoint, but I have no problems with older planes.

New to the forum and looking to make the move from Mooney wannabe to owner. Would love to find a partnership opportunity on a Mooney in East Texas, preferably KTYR or 07F, but open to others. Have a little over 200 hours, working on my instrument rating and am looking for an aircraft I can travel with, mainly around Texas, Arkansas, and Colorado. A well maintained 1970's or 80's era aircraft is probably ideal from a budgetary standpoint, but I have no problems with older planes.

Durant, Ok to far north? I really want a Mooney but would prefer to partner in one first. Have a hangar already. I’ve flown since 1998, have about 625 hrs, scheduled for my IFR ticket this month. Have owned two other planes but am in the market for my next. My preferred plane will be excellent paint/interior, IFR/WAAS GPS, ADSB IN/OUT, GFC500 AP. Would love to chat and see what we could work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/12/2022 at 8:45 PM, gwav8or said:

Durant, Ok to far north? I really want a Mooney but would prefer to partner in one first. Have a hangar already. I’ve flown since 1998, have about 625 hrs, scheduled for my IFR ticket this month. Have owned two other planes but am in the market for my next. My preferred plane will be excellent paint/interior, IFR/WAAS GPS, ADSB IN/OUT, GFC500 AP. Would love to chat and see what we could work out.

I think we are a match on preferred plane, but Durant is ~150 miles away. If I had to drive that far each time I won't fly near as often as I'd like to. Even half that distance would be a stretch, but might be worth considering. Any interest in finding a hangar around the halfway mark?

• Like 1

I think we are a match on preferred plane, but Durant is ~150 miles away. If I had to drive that far each time I won't fly near as often as I'd like to. Even half that distance would be a stretch, but might be worth considering. Any interest in finding a hangar around the halfway mark?

For some reason I was thinking Tyler was much closer. You’re 100% right, being far from a plane would be very inhibitive to flying often. I was on a wait list for 1.5 years to get the hangar at Durant and I can’t let it go yet. It was worth the shot though! Best of luck in your search!

On 5/14/2022 at 4:45 PM, gwav8or said:

For some reason I was thinking Tyler was much closer. You’re 100% right, being far from a plane would be very inhibitive to flying often. I was on a wait list for 1.5 years to get the hangar at Durant and I can’t let it go yet. It was worth the shot though! Best of luck in your search!

Understand. Good luck to you too!

• Like 1