1/4 pilot

Do you feel like 1/4 of a pilot because you don't have ASES  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel like 1/4 of a pilot because you don't have ASES

I've got the ASES, but I live in SOCAL. Nobody in SOCAL needs to have their ASES - this is Santa Barbara for Pete's sake, not Unalakleet. That being said, I've got to admit that some of the funnest flying I ever did was getting the seaplane rating and someday, I'm going after after the AMEL - another useless (for me) rating. There's a place in AZ or NV that has a Twin Beech on floats, so I probably won't be able to help myself.  

Oh Squirel, how you amuse me...

Don't forget the tailwheel endorsement. If you don't have that, you don't know how to use the rudder and are sure to crash on the runway one day. I think that I would normally be up to 1/2 a pilot (PPL 1/4 + IR 1/4), but since I'm not instrument current, I think that takes me back down to 3/8. I think maybe Ward might be the only full pilot on this site, maybe Parker?

I didn't see the option in your poll for "I don't have the ASES rating, but always wear water wings when flying."

Hi squirrell!!!...as an active floatplane pilot and owner..I have to tell you seaplane pilots are really not pilots at all.Were sorta skippers of little yachts with wing thingies sticking out the sides that cause us to ocasionally get airborne.We study a different "language"than other common boaters though.We say stuff like..."hey buddy grab that line hangin down would you"or the ever popular.."watch your step its kinda slippery.....ker plash"or ...S**t I just dropped the ignition keys!!!!Some of us get real good at avoiding ramp launching fees...I cant remember the last time I paid to picnic at Folsom Lake ,ca....a nice perk.Watching the line boys figure how to climb up to the fuel caps is great entertainment.I occasionally get strange looks taxing up out of the water up a boat ramp (just trying to get to the porta potty officer)So all Id say were not one quarter pilots....more like 100% frustrated Jack Sparrows!!!..sinc kp couch