Garmin 696 and Air Gizmo Panel Mount

I finally completed my Co-Pilot panel on my 1966 M20E with the installation of my Garmin 696 in the Air Gizmo.  The power cord is different from the 496 (previously mounted) so this was replaced.  The antenna connection is different (from 496) so this was also replaced.  I had to purchase the Air Gizmo audio cable, but it is bare wire with mini 90 degree plug that is necessary for fit into Air-Gizmo.  I had to buy a female jack/cable at radio shack and strip wires to connect to my set-up which is run over to a female jack to the audio panel.  I can either plug the i-pod/mp3 or the XM sat radio into the jack.  I had purchased the Air Gizmo panel angle adapter (to reduce glare on screen/orient toward me/pilot), but it covered to much of the tach and MP gauge so I didn't use.  Unfortunately the panel adapter is slightly larger than 696 opening...so I trimmed the bottom of the angle adapter...only to NOT use it.  Damn...Anyway, happy with result and looking forward to flying behind the panel and 696 more.  I also got my brakes bled so I can again hold the plane during run-up...YEAH!!!!  Here is a pic...

post-809-13468139337515_thumb.jpg