Pics of Grand Canyon Flight

Jeev

I have been flying in Vegas for 3 years and have never taken a trip through the grand canyon corridors. Here are some pics of my flight last weekend. My route was :

VGT - North end of Tuckup corridor 11,500 - Down to 10,500 southbound through Tuckup then direct VGT (North Las Vegas) cortez VFR arrival.

LA Center and Vegas approach were great and gave me flight following all the way through my flight. Just told Clearance delivery at VGT what I wanted to do and it was done.

Navigating the corridors was easy with GPS but I didn't program in the GPS coordinates of the corridors and they are not in the Jeppeson database so I spent a little time using my moving map and the Peach Springs VOR for nav instead of looking out the windows at the scenery.

I would recommend this flight to anyone who visits Vegas - Stunning!!

Gallery:
http://www.mooneyspace.com/index.cfm...serGallery=235

post-235-13468137626623_thumb.jpg

post-235-13468137627863_thumb.jpg

Outstanding pics. I flew the grand canyon on my way to Vegas about a year ago. It was absolutely beautiful.  My pictures did not come out nearly as well as yours.  BTW, I am going to be down in Vegas the middle of January, would love to check out the plane.

Quote: LFOD

Outstanding pics. I flew the grand canyon on my way to Vegas about a year ago. It was absolutely beautiful.  My pictures did not come out nearly as well as yours.  BTW, I am going to be down in Vegas the middle of January, would love to check out the plane.