*SOLD* 1965 M20E Super 21 For Sale

GingerDan

*SOLD*

For Sale:  1965 Mooney M20E Super 21 - $82,000
Annual 10/23, TSMOH 897, Top Prop TSNEW 61, Location:  Las Vegas, NV

Change of plans leads me to sell my Mooney. Was using it to time build (6.5gph).  Added a JPI EDM 900, new prop and AirWolf remote oil filter.  Extensive annual last year and this year had no required fixes. IFR/VFR - pitot/static done this year.  430w and Flight stream 210 makes a seamless connection between the 430 and ForeFlight. Has an old school auto pilot but it will follow a gps track or heading bug. Also has pitch and altitude hold. 200hp and useful load of 930lbs.  Check out my website or the trade-a-plane ad for more details.  This was a difficult decision to make. I would love to keep it but I have to be practical. 

https://www.gingerdan.com/n79812
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?s-type=aircraft&listing_id=2423711

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6484.jpeg

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6477.jpeg

IMG_6476.jpeg

IMG_6474.jpeg

IMG_6475.jpeg

Edited by GingerDan
Sold

• 3 months later...
  • GingerDan changed the title to *SOLD* 1965 M20E Super 21 For Sale

I closed a couple weeks ago. Thank you for reminding me about the post. 

I don’t remember TT.

OH was done in 2010. 

Choice was new prop, new hub, or 100hr NDT. Since the purpose was time building the latter was not feasible. The cost difference between a new hub and new prop wasn’t significant enough so I chose new prop. 

Anyway, good luck with your sale. If you’re looking for data points, here are mine:

I bought it in 2021 for $67,000 and closed at $62,000 after the prebuy. It needed a nose truss repair, and the exhaust and spinner were cracked. #3 showed a low compression and then subsequent tests a normal compression.  After about 15 hours of flying after the purchase, I had to replace #3.  The exhaust valve guide split in half during cruise. 

$11,000 for the prop (free install).  

$15,000 for the EDM 900

$10,000 for first annual - new tires, replaced nose truss, replaced all scat tubing, had to hire a welder to remove a busted bolt on the alternator belt bracket, etc etc - fixing previous owners deferred items basically. 

Listed the plane for $82,000 which I felt was overpriced and I did this on purpose. I did wish to recover some of the cost I put in since this would have been cost deferred to the next buyer if I hadn’t. I accepted an offer of $78,000 and agreed to a small concession to bring it to a closing cost of $76,500 after prebuy. For how much I put in I feel this was a reasonable price. $75,000 was my target. 

peace,

~ Dan

• Like 1