What started as an oil change

I just discovered a mysterious, hard to track, oil leak that seems to originate around cylinder 2.  I’m worried that I’m going to find a similar crack.

Less than. 300hrs on the engine and during the overhaul it seems it got a.new case in the logs (tappet spalling triggered ovehaul). Do you have a picture of the case crack and location?  

Im not too worried about it because I’ve heard that this engine model doesn’t like to keep more than 6 quarts In it, and there is currently almost 7. Keeping an eye on it though. The base of cylinder 2 has oil around the cylinder flange at the case like a gasket or O-ring there is seeping (and coating pretty much everything below the engine in oil)

thaNks for the info. 

10 hours ago, Nukemzzz said:

I just discovered a mysterious, hard to track, oil leak that seems to originate around cylinder 2.  I’m worried that I’m going to find a similar crack.

Less than. 300hrs on the engine and during the overhaul it seems it got a.new case in the logs (tappet spalling triggered ovehaul). Do you have a picture of the case crack and location?  

Im not too worried about it because I’ve heard that this engine model doesn’t like to keep more than 6 quarts In it, and there is currently almost 7. Keeping an eye on it though. The base of cylinder 2 has oil around the cylinder flange at the case like a gasket or O-ring there is seeping (and coating pretty much everything below the engine in oil)

thaNks for the info. 

Attached picture. The engine was nasty, I should have know better. 
-Matt

F477DB11-2B53-47A7-8962-F00A34705B4C.png