Used autopilot options for m20F

1 PREFACE

This document includes instructions that pertain to the installation of the BendixKing Vizion / AeroCruze 100 Autopilot on the specified Mooney M20 models. The modification consists of installing one roll and one pitch servo, an autopilot controller unit, a pitch link sensor, a wiring harness, connections to the airplanes existing pitot/static, electrical systems, mounting brackets/hardware, disconnect switches, and includes several options for the installer. The BendixKing AeroCruze 100 has been previously produced by TruTrak Flight Systems (hereafter referred to as TTFS or TruTrak) as the Vizion Autopilot system. Legacy references to the TruTrak name and Vizion system are synonymous with the AeroCruze 100 installed under this project. The installation was tested to meet the applicable regulations of 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 23 for the Mooney M20. 

1.1 Reference Documents Table 1: Reference Material Document Title TruTrak Flight Systems TT-195 Master Document List TT-166 Vizion PMA Autopilot Installation Guide TT-186 Approved GPS and Software List for Vizion PMA Autopilot TT-176 Vizion AFMS TT-167 Vizion Operating Manual 1.2 Applicability This document is applicable to the Mooney M20 models identified in Table 2.

Table 2: Approved M20 Models Mooney M20 Models M20B M20C M20D M20E M20F M20G M20J M20K M20L M20M M20R M20S

It is NOT approved below 700 AGL! Just like most Brittians

https://www.bendixking.com/content/dam/bendixking/en/documents/document-lists/downloads-and-manuals/TTFS-305-Mooney-M20-Installation-Instructions-Aerocruze-Autopilot.pdf

12 hours ago, cliffy said:

1 PREFACE

This document includes instructions that pertain to the installation of the BendixKing Vizion / AeroCruze 100 Autopilot on the specified Mooney M20 models. The modification consists of installing one roll and one pitch servo, an autopilot controller unit, a pitch link sensor, a wiring harness, connections to the airplanes existing pitot/static, electrical systems, mounting brackets/hardware, disconnect switches, and includes several options for the installer. The BendixKing AeroCruze 100 has been previously produced by TruTrak Flight Systems (hereafter referred to as TTFS or TruTrak) as the Vizion Autopilot system. Legacy references to the TruTrak name and Vizion system are synonymous with the AeroCruze 100 installed under this project. The installation was tested to meet the applicable regulations of 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 23 for the Mooney M20. 

1.1 Reference Documents Table 1: Reference Material Document Title TruTrak Flight Systems TT-195 Master Document List TT-166 Vizion PMA Autopilot Installation Guide TT-186 Approved GPS and Software List for Vizion PMA Autopilot TT-176 Vizion AFMS TT-167 Vizion Operating Manual 1.2 Applicability This document is applicable to the Mooney M20 models identified in Table 2.

Table 2: Approved M20 Models Mooney M20 Models M20B M20C M20D M20E M20F M20G M20J M20K M20L M20M M20R M20S

It is NOT approved below 700 AGL! Just like most Brittians

https://www.bendixking.com/content/dam/bendixking/en/documents/document-lists/downloads-and-manuals/TTFS-305-Mooney-M20-Installation-Instructions-Aerocruze-Autopilot.pdf

Thats what you get for 7k.

I fly a jet with cat III autoland for living, and happy to hand fly the mooney on an approach. 

I would spend more money on Garmin but just have too many planes and projects.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kechmant said:

Thats what you get for 7k.

And what do most (vast majority) pilots need? Just that!

If you're going to use full CAT I capability all the time then you need something  more (say $20,000 more) but if all you do is VFR/IFR

with an occasional approach (realize 95% or more of GA IMC approaches are above 200/ 1/2) then $7K might just suit you fine

unless its a case of keeping up with the Jones'  ( I gotta have it)

I too did the CAT III life for a long time but I just don't need to look at low weather in a SE airplane any more. 

What part of retired don't you understand?  :-)  :-) :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been many many years since I called them, but Brittain used to have a box to integrate with a GPS (handheld or panel mount) to fly tracks.  Not a real autopilot in any sense but something I'm thinking about as an inexpensive way to reduce workload.

FWIW, to disconnect the Brittain wing leveller, just pull the button on the yoke half way out, viola!  On the other hand, I got pretty automatic pressing it with my thump during maneuvers.