Your Favorite Aviation Quote

"Never fly into clouds that are internally lit."

"My student was so far behind the airplane, if it crashed he wouldn't get hurt."

"This airplane is user friendly, once you adapt to it."

"There are three rules for smooth landings. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Early in my airplane ownership career a veteran aircraft owner actually sold me on the following:

"It is impossible to own just one airplane, you are required to own two.  One to fly and get parts with while the other one is broken".  

And from the same John Troeleman-

"If you are going to fix something yourself on an airplane always DOUBLE the time you think the repair will take and TRIPLE the cost".   

Quote: Ksaunders

Early in my airplane ownership career a veteran aircraft owner actually sold me on the following:

"It is impossible to own just one airplane, you are required to own two.  One to fly and get parts with while the other one is broken".  

And from the same John Troeleman-

"If you are going to fix something yourself on an airplane always DOUBLE the time you think the repair will take and TRIPLE the cost".   

Love your shirt, Sven--looks like good traveling attire! Wearing it near home would also turn it into sleeping attire, trying to stay warm on the porch . . .

I used to favor "nose heavy flies poorly, tail heavy flies once" as an RC pilot, now I prefer "fly as if your life depends on it--because it does."

"In a moment of quiet reflection, they'll concede that the other brand is a broken down piece of crap that never should have gotten loose from the factory."
-- Aviation Consumer on the rivalry between Mooney and Bonanza owners, December, 1999.

'Twin Cessna 4344R, be advised traffic at 6 o'clock, 3 miles, a Mooney, overtaking,' said ATC. I could just see the twin driver lower his nose and push the throttles forward."
-- Michael Williams, Mooney 252 owner, quoted in Aviation Consumer, 1989.

“The Mark 21 has been dived in excess of 330 mph and withstood static tests in excess of six G's without failure as well as withstanding the flutter test at over 200 mph."
-- Norman Hoffman, president, Mooney Aircraft, in Flying
Magazine, 1961, about the new all-metal M20B
(Thanks to Brian Newman, N78898 '65 M20C for this quote)

taken from:  http://www.mooneyevents.com/quotes.htm

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

My first flight instructor would say this at the end of every lesson:

"Flying is a lot of fun, and now comes the most fun part of all. Its called taking the money"

Thank you David Hege. Even though you are no longer with us I can still hear your voice when I fly. You would say:

"As the flaps go down the nose goes down"

"A change in power means a change in trim"

and during my slow moments: "sometime today"

Saw the Raptor...Very Cool. The weapon's bay's cycling was highlight. Have not seen the Lightning II strut. Harrier is still my number one "holy crap awesome" aviation I witnessed that moment. Seen the demo a few times...never gets old, even though the airframe/tech is. When it goes from static/hover full thrust to landing and idle...the noise/power transition to a low whrrrr is just....AWESOME to see/hear/feel.