Your Favorite Aviation Quote

Note quite aviation, but aerospace:

JFK:

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

• Like 3

Saw the Raptor...Very Cool. The weapon's bay's cycling was highlight. Have not seen the Lightning II strut. Harrier is still my number one "holy crap awesome" aviation I witnessed that moment. Seen the demo a few times...never gets old, even though the airframe/tech is. When it goes from static/hover full thrust to landing and idle...the noise/power transition to a low whrrrr is just....AWESOME to see/hear/feel.

If you like the harrier, you'll love the osprey... All that metal moving around, hovering, then the transition to forward flight: very impressive.

The F-35B is similar to the harrier in look when it's landing, but LOUDER.

• Like 1

I was at a local airshow, a lady was looking at the county's sheriff chopper, she asked what is this while pointing at the pitot tube. I explained the tube and its function.

She asked if I flew the chopper.

"No madam, I fly fixed wing aircraft, fixed. What is the opposite of fixed? BROKEN! Which is what you see before you. This is WAY too many moving parts flying in formation!"

The whole time I could see the chopper pilot grinning and poking his buddy while listening in on our conversation.

I was at a local airshow, a lady was looking at the county's sheriff chopper, she asked what is this while pointing at the pitot tube. I explained the tube and its function.

She asked if I flew the chopper.

"No madam, I fly fixed wing aircraft, fixed. What is the opposite of fixed? BROKEN! Which is what you see before you. This is WAY too many moving parts flying in formation!"

The whole time I could see the chopper pilot grinning and poking his buddy while listening in on our conversation.

Military definition of a chopper, "A mass of fatigued metal, rotating around an oil leak."

Favorite aviation quote, "Oh shit!"

bumper

1) A mile of highway can get me a mile down the road, but give me a mile of runway and I can travel the world. (unsure)

2) There is such a thing as an emergency landing, but there is no such thing as an emergency take-off! (John King)